Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My windows driver seems to be playing up. It goes down fine but when I pull the level/button up to put the window up it goes up a few inches and then stops, I try to use the one touch feature and it does the same it goes up a few inches and stops. I need to continuously and repeatedly pull the button up to get it to fully close.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
540 Posts
There's a reset function, I think you get the window to the top then hold the butting 'up' (ie trying to lift it further) for three seconds - your car's 'anti trap' function is confused!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Excellent that fixed it. Thanks!

-Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,I have the same problem with passengers: front and back windows. My 2008 is 2 years old and... I have got the car only one month. At first all was OK, next I occured problems (FR window and after a few days BR window). I tried to learning windows but this is not working (working only if key is on). Finally I drove to Peugeot service station - spec boys talked that electrical lifts are damaged and should be replaced (don't keep voltage after engine stop). The parts are not cheap... Boys talked if it is not necessary for me I can drive with it.
This is my first Peugeot and I have so bad luck...

PS. Sorry for my english :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Piojew,

<ul>[*]Firstly, sorry to hear of your problems. But is the car not under Peugeots Warranty of 3 years / 120k kilos
[*]Secondly, I believe that you can do a full reboot of the electrical system as the 2008s suffered with some electrical issues. I am not sure that this will work but the peugeotDealers should be able to do this for you.
[/list]I would check if the car is still under warranty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello again,The car is not under warranty (polish dealer informed me about 2 years warranty). Diagnose about necessity of lifts was from authorised Peugeot service station (dealer).
BTW I wonder what that is mean: "Lifts don't keep voltage" :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Piojew

I'm afraid I have no idea what your dealer means by "lifts don't keep voltage". I can only think that they are talking about the electric motors or the sensors are not remembering/holding thevoltage.

In effect, the window motors are not rememberingwhere and when to stop.

Sorry, I cannot be of more help. And I'm sorry to hear that you only have 2 years warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts