Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2008 drives like a cross channel ferry. At speeds below 30mph the kids call it the 'pigeon car' because it hesitates, then lurches forwards, leaving them rocking backwards and forwards!! Feels like a problem with fuel supply / fuel injection (although I am not technical).

Took it to the dealer today - typically, couldn't reproduce it on the roads around the dealership, and they couldn't find a fault. I can see this is going to be one of those problems where I am back and forwards (like the car) to the dealer trying to find a fault.

Waited for ages, costs a fortune and now don't like it - wish I had bought the Hyundai IX35

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really interesting - I thought it was a problem with my individual car, but looks like several others have exactly the same problem. I will send this link to the dealer for comment!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep - same with mine.

I spoke to the dealer over the phone, and he was quite dismissive about it saying he hadn't heard of this with any other 2008. I'm booked in for the first check in a weeks time, so I'll mention it to them then.

I wouldn't mind an update from you if you find anything out, then I can have a chat with my dealer.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have it on my EGC great to see its not just me not the auto.

Also hear its called sailboating. But prefer pigeon car!!

My dealer patronised me telling me to bfing it in and i will show u how to drive!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts