Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

DRL failed

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  george2104 
#1 ·
Getting my handbrake check today and I noticed that my off-side DRL was off.

I mentioned it when booking in and they took a look for me whilst they checked the handbrake.

I thought the LED would just need a plug pushing in a bit, or a new strip, but not so!

The DRL LED strip is integral with the headlight so they've ordered me a complete new headlight unit.

I just hope no-one gets a failure outside of warranty as it will be mighty expensive along with the labour ( 1hr 30mins) cost added!!!

New one should be in for Friday.

Must remember to mention my upgraded bulbs I've installed in the dipped and main beam!!

PS: I guess this applies to all Peugeot vehicles with DRLs built into the headlight unit.

PPS: List price of 2008 headlight unit (Valeo) is over £240 !!!....plus labour...
....but mine's in warranty...

Edited by: allan40alt

See less See more
#2 ·
That's progress. Not so long ago that would have meant replacement of a 75p 5W bulb.

No wonder the manufacturers were so keen to push DRLs onto us.

#3 ·
Sun is shining on the front of my garage this morning so I decided to swap all the headlight bulbs back to the OEM ones.

I thought it better to do that rather than hope the mechanic doing the changeover doesn't get them mixed, as I have different upgraded bulbs in the main beam and dipped beam; or even break one.

At least they can easily replace an OEM bulb if necessary.

It only took 5 minutes to do all 4 of them.

PS: Just found a used nearside one on ebay for £95 + £10 carriage and a used offside one for £60 incl carr.

#5 ·
Good thinking Allan. I was going to suggest you did that anyway as they may have used the fact that you have been modifying the lighting as an excuse not to do the job under warranty.

#6 ·
I don't think they would have been a 'get out' as they show how to change a bulb in the handbook.

It's only where they say 'contact your dealer', like with they pre-installed LEDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.