Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

EBC brake pad change for 2016/66 Facelift GT-Line

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MarkyTM 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys n Galz

Courtesy of having black alloys on 3 of my 4 cars I've always switched to lower dust pads, either by Porterfield, Akebono or EBC green/red

As my 2008 is ceramic sealed I thought I'd give the wheels a treat with new EBC greenstuff pads, mainly because the rear pads are at their limit and fronts are 50% worn, so they probs won't pass the next MOT in October.

When the wheels come off, I shall have my mobile mechanic put them on my axle stands when he does the brakes, I shall then:

1) Deep clean the alloys using ferrous cleaner to remove the brake crud
2) Treat the alloys with Gtechniq C5 ceramic wheel armour sealant
3) Clean calipers with wire brush and brake cleaner
4) Apply primer then gloss red caliper paint
5) Let dry then apply a 'Peugeot' vinyl sticker and lacquer over the top
6) Treat the rusty bits of the discs with black rust protection paint, so they look nicer
7) Fit my recently purchased (£67) mud flaps all round
8) Get my mechanic to refit the wheels and lower the car off jack stands

The ebc part numbers for the brake pads are:

Rear DP2680 = £34.50 (I believe this is the same on all 2008's)
Front DP22073* = £44.54

*Note that this is for the larger 282mm front brake discs, am guessing these are fitted to those models with 110hp and more? If you have the smaller (266mm) front discs then you need part number DP21374, which weirdly are more expensive than the larger ones??

Links to the pads and decals below, note that the pads used are also compatible with a LOT of different cars from Renault/Audi/VW, it's the part numbers that are key and I've cross referenced these with ebc on-line and also by speaking to them:

Rear pads https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DP2680-E...609189&hash=item543ee5de18:g:xHgAAOSwiONYL~Ao

Front 282mm pads https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-Gree...ads-DP22073-/361085551023?hash=item54126041af

Front 266mm pads https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DP21374-...526046?hash=item4691c82e1e:g:4hgAAOSwQh1bmMR~

Brake caliper decals in a variety of colours https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-...365432?hash=item5946c46538:g:0KsAAOSwFqJWqj7d

Gtechniq C5 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTechniq...877267&hash=item1eb7c1ebdd:g:dEMAAOSwJhdZgzsP

The paint and wheel armour I already have and I'll be sure to post up some pics of the finished job :)

Oh, no affiliation to any of the above sellers, I just thought that they few of us that don't rely on main dealers for such things would find the part numbers useful

If using the links for the pads, please ensure you put 'PAID20' in the discount code at check-out to get 20% off the price.

My mechanic is charging me £40 to change the pads, so less than £130 to do everything.

Planned for Friday 20th March, IF we see an improvement in the weather by then! :(

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thanks for the 'likes' what most seem to fail to grasp is that forums shouldn't just be used as a 'cries for help' medium but also sharing best practices/money saving tips and modifications.

The number of posts I've read (in the 4 car forums I belong to) is "I've discovered and bought this amazing new product"

But they fail to state cost and a URL showing the product to anyone else that's interested.

We are grown ups with mental capacity (otherwise we'd not be able to drive) and should be able to communicate effectively.

But if you pay your dealer to replace your tyres and wiper blades then I'm probably preaching to the unconverted :D

Rant over...lol

#3 ·
OK so the pads were an easy fit, have the car up on axle stands ATM and have taken a few pics

As this is a slow, underpowered small SUV that I am NEVER going to take on a track or drive hard, I opted to use hammerite smooth red.

1st pic is the hub, pads and calipers just after the wheels came off
2nd is with ebc greenstuff pads fitted
3rd is with pads fitted and hubs and outer of discs cleaned
4th & 5th first coat of hammerite
6th fronts with their first coat

It then got a little too cold/dark out to continue

What I still have to do is

a) 2nd coat of red hammerite to calipers with a half inch brush
b) Coat outer disc and hub inner with black hammerite to cover the rust
c) Apply 'PEUGEOUT' vinyl decal in silver to front and rear
d) lacquer over the decal
e) clean, anti ferrous and ceramic seal the alloy wheels
f) re-attach wheels
g) enjoy!!

Not actually that much work :)

Will share the further stages...but since no one's posted on here you're probably not that interested :D

Attachments

#4 ·
So today I applied the vinyl decals and sprayed lacquer over them and calipers.

Also took the opportunity to fit the F&R flaps, they were easy, you don't need a riveter for the front (smaller) ones as you can use existing torx bolts but you do for the rears. Actually not that difficult (but you do need the wheels off to get drill in there). My first time using a hand riveter and it was quite hard to get the rivet to snap off.

I think being 55 with small hands and arthritis didn't help, but I managed to get it done

NOTE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRILL INTO ANY METAL BODYWORK...JUST PLASTIC...FOR THOSE THAT ARE WORRIED

Also ceramic sealed my alloys with alloy armour.

Pics below...I can't wash the car until the paint/lacquer/sealant has cured...so forgive its state.

HopefullY better braking and a lot less dust in the future!!

I will update this thread once the pads have worn in.

Attachments

#5 ·
So 400 miles later and can report absolutely no brake squeal or grabbing.

Breaking is absolutely stunning, but then I'm comparing brand new pads with ones that were worn.

But, as per my previous experiences with thase pads no visible brake dust on alloys...happy days!!

#7 ·
Guys n Galz

Courtesy of having black alloys on 3 of my 4 cars I've always switched to lower dust pads, either by Porterfield, Akebono or EBC green/red

As my 2008 is ceramic sealed I thought I'd give the wheels a treat with new EBC greenstuff pads, mainly because the rear pads are at their limit and fronts are 50% worn, so they probs won't pass the next MOT in October.

When the wheels come off, I shall have my mobile mechanic put them on my axle stands when he does the brakes, I shall then:

1) Deep clean the alloys using ferrous cleaner to remove the brake crud
2) Treat the alloys with Gtechniq C5 ceramic wheel armour sealant
3) Clean calipers with wire brush and brake cleaner
4) Apply primer then gloss red caliper paint
5) Let dry then apply a 'Peugeot' vinyl sticker and lacquer over the top
6) Treat the rusty bits of the discs with black rust protection paint, so they look nicer
7) Fit my recently purchased (£67) mud flaps all round
8) Get my mechanic to refit the wheels and lower the car off jack stands

The ebc part numbers for the brake pads are:

Rear DP2680 = £34.50 (I believe this is the same on all 2008's)
Front DP22073* = £44.54

*Note that this is for the larger 282mm front brake discs, am guessing these are fitted to those models with 110hp and more? If you have the smaller (266mm) front discs then you need part number DP21374, which weirdly are more expensive than the larger ones??

Links to the pads and decals below, note that the pads used are also compatible with a LOT of different cars from Renault/Audi/VW, it's the part numbers that are key and I've cross referenced these with ebc on-line and also by speaking to them:

Rear pads DP2680 EBC Greenstuff Rear Brake Pads Set For Renault Grand Scenic 1.2 T 2013- | eBay

Front 282mm pads EBC Greenstuff Uprated Front Brakes Pads - DP22073 | eBay

Front 266mm pads DP21374 EBC Greenstuff Front Brake Pads Set For Citroen Berlingo 1.6 D 05-2008 | eBay

Brake caliper decals in a variety of colours https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-...365432?hash=item5946c46538:g:0KsAAOSwFqJWqj7d

Gtechniq C5 GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour Sealant 15ml Long Lasting Wax Protectant Alloy Car Bike 5060147721515 | eBay

The paint and wheel armour I already have and I'll be sure to post up some pics of the finished job :)

Oh, no affiliation to any of the above sellers, I just thought that they few of us that don't rely on main dealers for such things would find the part numbers useful

If using the links for the pads, please ensure you put 'PAID20' in the discount code at check-out to get 20% off the price.

My mechanic is charging me £40 to change the pads, so less than £130 to do everything.

Planned for Friday 20th March, IF we see an improvement in the weather by then! :(
Hi, I have a 308 gt line 65 plate, have a knocking noise when on uneven roads, speed bumps n the slightest of pot holes, I have already had rack end and anti roll bar done, can you help with any further possible reason

#8 ·
Shock absorbers or a broken spring is all I can think of Amc :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.