Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Keith
Have you been doing mainly short journeys ?
The system requires some longer runs to charge the battery which operates the system.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's almost certainly due to insufficient charge in the battery. Since I stopped commuting long distances mine now only operates after a while.

If the blue ECO indication on the dash flashes but the engine doesn't stop then it would suggest that there is probably not a fault just not sufficient charge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ken, I have just arrived home from Uxbridge, a trip of about 50miles and even with minimal load on the battery, ie no AC, no head lights etc. The ECO mode did not work, but the blue light flashed a couple of times..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven’t got the stop/start engine but I have the 2015 Allure 1.6 and my eco mode hasn’t been working since I’ve bought it? Does anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Ken, I have just arrived home from Uxbridge, a trip of about 50miles and even with minimal load on the battery, ie no AC, no head lights etc. The ECO mode did not work, but the blue light flashed a couple of times..
It may take a good 300 mile trip before you'll get the battery charged enough for it to work, from experience. A new battery nay also be needed, but not worth it until needed for more serious issue.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Even a new battery won't make the S/S work for long if you're only doing short trips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts