Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stop & start feature didn't work today.

There are several reasons why it may not work but I don't think any of them apply.

It was a nice day and a pretty warm one so the air-con was switched on; but it always is as we never switch it off. I also tried it with the air-con off but it still wouldn't work.

The battery was fully charged so no low power to stop it working.

Pressing the button on/off a few times never made any difference.

I can't think it was the slightly warmer temperature that caused it to stop functioning.

This is the first time of driving since I had the firmware and mapping update done so I queried matters with my garage.

They said it wouldn't be anything to do with the update and to just see how it goes next time we go out. Also they said to look at the list of possible causes in the handbook.

Anyone else had this happen?

PS: Actually, I quite like it not working!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, it can be a number of things that stop it working. Mine has done it a few times, either short journeys or when high drain is on the battery can do it. It also stopped working during a particle filter regeneration.Your air con fans were probably running so it left the engine running.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mac, yes I thought it could be the air-con but it didn't work with the air-con turned off either.

Trouble is with the EGC system you have to remember to move the gear selector to neutral if the engine doesn't stop when stationary in traffic, at lights etc, otherwise it's like sitting constantly with your foot depressing the clutch on a standard manual car.

That's not a problem to do, it's just remembering to do it when you're used to the engine just stopping.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Al, mine is the same and doesn't always cut out when stopped even when in neutral but I have put that down to a lot of short journeys.
It seems okay after a decent run though and the engine cuts out even with the air con switched on, with regards to updates I have recently had some whilst the car was in for recall work (wishbone bolts) and these haven't affected anything on the EGC system.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bert, thank's for that.

The garage did say it wouldn't be anything to do with the update as I guess that was for the radio/sat-nav system and not the engine management system (ECU).

We'll be going out tomorrow for a good run so I'll see how it goes.

Al.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes Al, the update was for the radio/sat-nav system and thankfully the radio doesn't come on now every time that you start up. (Will stop taking the nerve pills)lolThis is the first Pug I've had with sat-nav on board and I tried it out yesterday for the first time with a post code to check it was now sorted out, got to say that I was very impressed, took me straight to where I wanted. Can throw all my maps away now. lol.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got home from a journey with several stop & start situations and I must confess the eco-mode worked well but you do have to watch for the engine starting when stationary.

This happened several times in road works queues with the air-con on and I had to move the gear selector forward into neutral.

Other than that we had a great drive.

Must say I'm really pleased with my 2008.

Oh....and I spent almost £200 on myself in M&S at Fosse Park...that'll teach my wife to take me shopping....especially as she didn't see anything for herself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts