Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've recently acquired a new '16 2008 Allure 1.2 Puretech 82 EGC, part exchanging a '14 2008 Allure e-hdi 92. Personal circumstances have required this change, but I noticed several things different between the two cars:

1. The info screen between the dials on the new 2008 is of a lower quality, and monochromatic, whereas on the old 2008 it was a high resolution with colour display

2. The interior lights on the new 2008 seeming to be a warmer glow, than the whiter LED style light of the older 2008. Whereas the older model had (at the front of the car) had a map light for both driver, passenger, and a central light, the new model has just the central light.

3. The boot is now just carpet, whereas on the model I traded in it had plastic strips.

I was wondering if others have had similar situations, or are able to explain the change in minor spec etc.?

Kind regards,

R

·
Registered
79 Posts
It should have a Multifunction colour Touchscreen. Something is wrong with the one you have in your car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A trip to the dealers methinks. I know that manufacturers reserved the right to change specification but if you have not received what you believed you ordered that is not on. What sometimes happens on a production line is that someone at the beginning of the line fits the wrong part and then others down the line assume that the vehicle is an Active for example and fit lower or higher spec parts instead of reading the spec sheet. Your dealer should have checked the spec on the PDI. Please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The specifications that you describe do sound like the spec on the ACTIVE version, and not as should be on the allure.A check with the dealer is required to get this sorted.I have an Allure and had a loan car in Active spec for one week, the monochrome display between the speedo / rev counter was the first thing I noticed, it also had the ECG gear in use showing in this display, which sadly is not on the Allure,
, best of luck with the dealer

Edited by: dawry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Something odd! if you look on the Peugeot website & configure the 2008 Allure, you can see the map lights using the 360 degree view of the interior, all specs I have read include the map reading lights.

P.S. I assume the car has chrome door mirrors (standard for the Allure)
Edited by: old-yorky

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Multifunction colour Touchscreen is standard from the Active spec upwards, it's not included in the Access A/C spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts