Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just clooected my car, alls fine apart from a couple of niggles.

1/ Only one remote key, shame on you Peugeot.

and the manual says that the gear in use when in Auto mode is shown on the dash. I have seen this on a rental 508 auto last year, and was pleased to see it in the manual. only now after pick up I find this does not display.

Is it an option to program, or even a dealer setting?

Many thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, but I will check, I believe the Auto display is on all options of the display.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It should show top right in the centre screen, mine does:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Allan

Mine does not, all I get is a AUTO, with a larger A

Looks like a firmware update maybe has deleted it, or perhaps a dealer setting. I will check next week.

Nothing in the settings on the main touch screen either. possibly a hidden service menu.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dawry.

Mine does the exact same as yours, no gear no just the big A. i assumed it was needed to be shown as really who cares the car decides what the gear is,

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think the diagram in the handbook shows all the possible displays. They will not all be displayed at any one time.

I get the AUTO shown when in auto and the actual gear shown when using the manual side of the gear selector.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
21 Posts
allan

question, i use the auto and havent used the manual side yet, which is better to quicker responses re gear changing

Ian

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The manual side is best for controlled changing as you may wish to hold a gear at higher revs.

ie: Like going up a long meandering hill at a moderate road speed. Having it held in gear on the manual side with the gear selector will stop any 'hunting' of gears.

Or: Holding a gear ready to overtake a slower moving vehicle as soon as oncoming traffic allows.

Both sides change very quickly; but always remember it's not designed to be a sports car.

Being able to have the selector in auto and using the paddles to drop down a couple of gears though is very useful and it will resume the auto mode within a few seconds of no further paddle input but you can use the 'up' paddle to select a higher gear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hold on, so i can still keep it in auto but still use paddles to up gear if i need to get by a slower car.????

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You can leave the selector stick in auto and drop down a couple of gears using the left paddle.

The gears will drop, revs build to compensate. All happens in an instant.

After a few seconds it will resume auto mode if you do not make any input with the paddles or you can use the right paddle to move to a higher gear.

See here: http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/egc-auto-manual_topic101.html#.U2KF_4FdVNw

NB: Six-speed electronic gear control gearbox

which offers a choice between the comfort of
fully automatic operation or the pleasure of
manual gear changing.
There are two driving modes:
- automated mode for automatic control of
the gears by the gearbox,
- manual mode for sequential gear changing
by the driver.
In automated mode, it remains possible to
change gear manually by using the steering
mounted control paddles when required, when
overtaking, for example.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I traded my Toyota Yais MM.That had paddles, which worked in a similar manor to the 2008.

Thus
Manual mode, dash showed gear selected, changes being via stick or paddles.
Auto mode - no selected gear shown, unless overridden by the paddles, when it then showed the actual gear, which it held until driving style, i.e. no high revs or load, when it would revert to auto mode with 'Auto' showing again, I always whished it showed the gear when in auto, so I could choose if a down or up shift would help.
When I read the 2008 manual I said great, that what should be there, I the driver needs it.
I was so disappointed on delivery to see that this is not happening. indeed it is less helpful than the Yaris in that even when paddles have over ridden the Auto selection, the gear is still not shown, Peugeot Technical if you are reading this, that a leaf out of Toyota and correct it.
My dealer has said that many others have queried this, and he believes that in some European markets the display is as per the manual.
I realise that for some drivers this is a non issue, but for me, yes I can live with it but it could be better.
The torgue power band of the 92hp engine is impressive, proving it is in the turbo sweet range, just if the auto gear control lets the revs drop on an uphill, it does take a second or so to get the turbo boost back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car (1.6 Active 92Hp EGC) which was build on Jan/2014 has both displayed the word AUTO and the number of the currect gear used in both AUTO and MANUAL modes exactly as it is mentioned in the manual and I find very useful to be able to always know which gear is engaged. I also like it because I have almost learned by heart the speed that each gear is changing and be more efficient in fuel consumption by adopting to the current speed/gear and the traffic ahead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked mine up yesterday and mine too displays the gears in both auto and manual. As previously stated I would imagine this is a software update?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks, "cohemac"
I presume with a location in essex, yours is an UK registered car,

Previous users with this showing have been greece and other. EU countries.
Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts