Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

egc

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  allan40alt 
#1 ·
hi there!!
merry christmas!
is there anyone with egc who not having problems?

#3 ·
Thank you Allan40alt. My wife has a manual 2008 as per my signature on the forum.
I need an automatic and have a Tiguan DSG which is silky smooth but thirsty.
I don't seem to be able to find an egc car to try out. I had a Yaris with the MMT box and it was dreadful. My Honda Jazz had the I-shift which I found smooth as I knew how to drive it!
It's great to hear a satisfied customer with the egc. I think I'll order one on condition I can have a demo before I hand over the cash!
It will save me a shed load of cash compared to the Tig!

#4 ·
I really can't fault it.

Both in auto and manual modes (whether using the stick or paddles) it is good.

One feature I really like is the fact that if you are in auto and have a situation when you need to be in a lower gear, like anticipating an overtaking maneuver, then you can drop a gear or two with the paddles.

If there is no further manual input then it reverts to auto within a few seconds.

The only thing to remember is that when stationary with the engine running (ie the stop/start not in operation) you do have to select neutral with the stick to avoid unnecessary clutch wear (as per a normal manual box).

PS: There's more info here with additional links:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic320.html#.VKP2MyusUTA

Edited by: allan40alt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.