Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've had my 2008 for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it.
One small niggle I have is with the electrochrome rear view mirror being too dark at night. It does get rid of headlight glare, but tints down too much for my liking, making it difficult to use.
I've not had a car with this feature before so am not sure what is the norm.
I don't know how it works..... is there a way of disabling this feature or is it all automatic?

Edited by: Sal

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
There's no manual lever to adjust the glare if you were to switch it off or disable it.

I find it just perfect when dimmed, after all, at night you only need to know someone is close and their lights show just fine.

As you have never had this feature before I think it is more a case of you getting used to it; after that you will never buy a car again without it.

Al.

PS:....Hi Sal, and welcome to the club.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

I agree, I have it in my focus (current car) and had never had it before so wasn't sure of it at first. Now that I am used to it I couldn't do without it, makes such a difference. It does indeed take a little getting used to.

-Sam

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sal, it takes the brightest light and dims to a level so that light does not blind you.Out of town and little traffic it brightens up if all the lights behind are at a distance.Driving a car with the old manual lever is a real step back when you get used to it.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I was just about to post this:

Automatic day/night model
By means of a sensor, which measures the
light from the rear of the vehicle, this system
automatically and progressively changes
between the day and night uses.

In order to ensure optimum visibility
during your manoeuvres, the mirror
lightens automatically when reverse
gear is engaged.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, for the reassurance. You are absolutely right.

On my first night time drive, in a line of traffic, I found it incredibly hard make out very much in the mirror. It was so dim I was worried it might be faulty. However, last night on an empty road I noticed I could see quite well and later reversing into a dark parking space, there was no problem at all.

I hadn't realised that the level of dimming varied in relation to the conditions. I'm beginning to appreciate it a lot more now.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think it is fantastic.

I had the same on my 207 and as Al suggests once you've had it you will never go back.

on my 207 you could turn it off by means of a button on the mirror. i did have a quick look at the one on the 2008 but didn't find a button, but then I wasn't really trying as I would never wish to turn it off. I've always thought that this is one of those things that works so well that you don't realise it's working. (BTW the sensor is on the bottom of the mirror)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts