Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has fitted these to a 1.2vti I couldn't order them as it wasn't an option but now my dealer can order them as accessories,expensive but look great

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You may find that the wider tyre on the Eridan Brilliant Black wheel is not suited to the 1.2 engine due to it's wider tread pattern that gives more grip.

That is probably why it's not offered as an option.

Must admit they do look good though.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allan Are the wheels not the same width I though I could buy same width tyres just smaller profile

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ah, yes. Having another look at the brochure it does seem to show the larger 17" wheels on the larger engine but the width does vary on all the engines, regardless of power output.

The overall diameter of tyre + wheel is going to be the same soI guess the only difference would be a slightly firmer ride.

The only thing I would say is that you may have to advise your insurance company as they will probably see this as a modification.

·
Registered
540 Posts
There's no reason the 17's can't be fitted to other models, it's simply the case that from factory Peugeot only offer 17" Eridan's on cars with grip-control and therefore mud and snow tyres only - 1.2 Puretech and all EGC models dont have Grip Control, so can't have them from the factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ordered these for our 2008 which should be with us early March , the wife has asked for Virtual Blue so these should look good

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoken to my dealer today and £1500 fitted with tyres and all balanced they just need a week to get them in stock then book me in to fit them

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They are lovely wheels though. In black.

I think the car would look pretty good with 19" wheels myself (ignoring all other considerations).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts