Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it is common but I have now tried to fill my 2008 at two different tesco filling stations with diesel and the nozzle is not big enough to go over the connection in the tank.
Anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Coleman34, welcome. What do you mean not big enough to go over the connection? An anti mis fuel flap is in the pipe to stop you putting in petrol by mistake or do you mean something else?

Mac Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, a completely useless piece of crap, it stops you using spare fuel containers too!

I've being driving for over forty years and have never come across such an ill thought out design!

Another reason why this very average car will be dumped at the end of the contract!

Edited by: Coolcarbon

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well what can one say, probably the least said the better

Happy new year all you fellow 2008 lovers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not good when this happens.

Even though the 2008 hand book states the following, does it work as stated ?"It remains possible to use a fuel can to fill the tank. In order to ensure a good flow of fuel, do not place the nozzle of the fuel can in direct contact with the flap of the misfuel prevention device and pour slowly."----------------------------

The Ford Focus provides a small funnel that fits into the fuel filler neck to allow either petrol or diesel to be added from a fuel can. The two different types of funnel arebasically the same diameter/size as a petrol or diesel pump end bit. May be worth looking into for anyone who wants or needs to use a fuel can for emergency or whatever, details below.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus-easy_fill_fuel_funnel_diesel_f_1681668_c_902.htm

·
Registered
48 Posts
Coolcarbon said:
Yep, a completely useless piece of crap, it stops you using spare fuel containers too!

I've being driving for over forty years and have never come across such an ill thought out design!

Another reason why this very average car will be dumped at the end of the contract! 
Maybe just make sure you don't run out of fuel..... the car gives you a handy reminder on the display to assist you with this. Its called a fuel gauge..... even comes with a little orange light and a message when your really low!! Technology aye!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have filled mine up many times over the last 2 and a bit years and never encountered any problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think this is an issue with the car, its supposed to stop you wrecking your engine! I've only had this once - my local Shell must have the wrong pump fitting on one of their tanks and I just avoid it now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts