Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally popped into the local Dealers and test drove the 2008, it was the 92 Allure Diesel Model and have to say what a fantastic drive it is...so smooth and surprisingly quick.

So have now ordered the 115Bhp Stop/Start Diesel Allure, Cielo Roof, Park Assist, Sat Nav, Wind deflectors, boot protector and boot mat.

With carpet mats thrown in for free.

Managed to get a great price in the end so really pleased.

Have been told to expect delivery either end of December beginning of January but more likely the latter as they are waiting for over 20 to come as it is.

Now the waiting game begins

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Excellent, got all the kit there :) the wait for me is a killer because I am inpatient lol just taking each day as it comes with my fingers crossed it will be soon.

-Sam

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the "Waiting Club" Spinneruk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....waiting is going to be a pain..but looking forward to it as loved the test drive today..as soon as I put my foot down I knew that was the car to get....plus those seats are damn comfortable.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Great choice

What colour did you choose?

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was going to get black but went for Bianca White in the end.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
What can I say
....a quality decision

...but I am biased....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also forgot to mention that this is my first ever new car (always bought used) and also my first Peugeot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great news, a warm welcome to the waiting room

There is tea, coffee to the left and a comfy seat on your right.

Not many of us have left the waiting room so there is plenty of people to keep you company

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's a spare seat over here, let me get you a coffee, do you take it with milk and sugar?

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Pug mine will be a tea white with 2 please !!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not too close to the door you lot. That space is mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also forgot to say it wasn't the typical test drive either...normally down here you go in to test drive..give driving license etc then normally they give you the keys and say off ya go come back in less than an hour.

This time one of the experienced drivers drove out of the dealership and just put his foot down....doing 90 up a dual carriageway to show how it handles...then slammed brakes on to show the speed adaptive steering (or whatever it's called lol), then said right i'll show you how it handles on roundabouts at speed so went round a roundabout 3 times doing 34mph....very impressive.

Then said right your turn to test now...got out on the dual carriage way again to which he promptly said right now floor it and see how it performs....have to say it was the responsiveness of the car that sold it for me...so comfortable...feels big yet nimble round corners etc...roll on January now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thought I would email Peugeot Customer Services and this is the reply I received : -

The vehicle has a planed build date of December with up to a 3 month handover date, so latest you would receive the vehicle would be in March, This is due to high demand for the 2008 crossover.

·
Registered
144 Posts
are they joking
what are they going to do with it for 3 months

something's not right

today we were told our 30th july order is still expected build this month with early nov delivery( we live in hope)

nobodies going to buy and then wait that long are they?

12 weeks is bad enough

hopefully dec build jan delivery for you

grahame

3 month handover are they having a laugh

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We shall see...intrigued now as to when it will be built etc.

But yeah 3 months they seriously are having a giraffe !!!! (laugh for non uk people)

·
Registered
311 Posts
As I'm half way out the waiting room, I promise I'll be popping in regularly to visit.

Al, shut your ears. So we decided to get paint protection put onto the car, we went with Diamondbrite, main reason, it had a lifetime guarantee of you owning the car and was obviously cheaper than the dealership. Don't think I/we could do a good job of waxing the car as well as Al has done his.

Anyways, we cannot take the car in for it's protection until Monday morning, hubby has put his foot down and we are not collecting the car until Sunday (so we/I don't get it messy before the paint protection is put on)

So we won't have the new addition to our family until then. So in the meantime, we get to say goodbye to our trusty old car Nya, so sad changing cars.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
WHAT!!!

.....and do they do all the door shuts?.......The good thing is that Nimbus Grey won't show the little black fly squashes on the front like Bianca White does......but with all my waxing they just wipe away without a trace.....

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jinxx80 said:
As I'm half way out the waiting room, I promise I'll be popping in regularly to visit.

Al, shut your ears. So we decided to get paint protection put onto the car, we went with Diamondbrite, main reason, it had a lifetime guarantee of you owning the car and was obviously cheaper than the dealership. Don't think I/we could do a good job of waxing the car as well as Al has done his.

Anyways, we cannot take the car in for it's protection until Monday morning, hubby has put his foot down and we are not collecting the car until Sunday (so we/I don't get it messy before the paint protection is put on)

So we won't have the new addition to our family until then. So in the meantime, we get to say goodbye to our trusty old car Nya, so sad changing cars.

Good things come to those that wait.

I won't get mine until Monday or Tuesday now as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts