Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the snow setting for the first time today.
I was heading for Glenshee on the back roads from Kirriemuir in Scotland.
There was a renault clio in front that was taking it very slow, and slipping around while I was driving straight with no problems. Eventually we both came to a snow covered hill, and the clio stopped half way up. So I hung back so i did not lose any momentum. When the clio got to the top, he turned off. However, the driver did not even look in the mirrors and just reversed back, making me stop half way up the hill. Luckily the grip control helped and I could feel the wheel spinning but making progress up the hill. Once clear of the clio, the drive on snow was great fun.
The next stage was to get back on the main road to Glenshee. I passed the snow gate that was open, but after a few miles the snow got heavier, the snow drifts heavier, and my passengers more worried. I was fine having lived in the Alps for the past decade and used to going driving on snow covered roads above 2000m. However, with less than one mile to go to Glenshee I came across a few cars stopped with their hazards on, and in front on them was a snow plough. Everyone started to turn around and head back down. I could see there wheels spinning on the snow, whilst the 2008 turned on the snow with no problems. Just after I passed the snow gate again, the police turned up and closed the gate.
I was very pleased with the 2008's performance in the snow today. I tried to upload a photo, but could not get the application to work.

Edited by: Deckers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for that. I have been waiting for a 'snow review' as it was once of the reasons I went for the 2008, although I appreciate it is no 4x4. My estate road is normally just a little too steep in the snow, although it never looks it. So this is quite reassuring that you found the 2008 okay in the snow.

It would have been interesting to turn off the grip control to see the difference although I appreciate you wanted to get up the hill

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here is a photo of the road down from Glenshee, having turned back. I should add that I made it up to 1900 feet above sea level, just 0.8 miles from the ski centre.

Edited by: Deckers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great snow review! I'm still hoping that I won't see any snow & won't have to test the grip control, but good to know it works! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts