Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm from Belgium and have just received my Peugeot 2008 Allure e-HDI 1.6 diesel 115PK. Sorry in advance if my English isn't great, but let me try to recapitulate my first date with this machine.

Exterieur & Interieur: I fell in love with this car at first sight. But like always when falling in love, you tend to only see the positive aspects and forget or ignore the negatives :) So far i'm still in the phase that my brain is producing too much love-dust in order to see things clear and rationally, therefore I can only find minor details of things that somehow bother me. Great looks on the outside (especially the front and sides with the chrome finish), luxurious and warm on the inside (although i'm concerned how long it's gonna stay that way, it looks very chique but not sure about the quality). Did have to adjust the brightness of the dashboard, because it kinda distracted me while driving, (and still trying to find a way to shut down the touchscreen at night, while still make use of the radio). Visibility is great in front, but not so great in the back (but still more than enough). Automatic heating, lights and wipers all work like a charm, navigation as well (although there are better navigation systems out there), connectivity with bluetooth, USB does it job very well. I also love how the car brightens up when unlocking, almost like a women spreading her legs, ready for take off.

Ride & handling: Coming from a Peugeot 206 1.4 diesel 70PK and driven a Volkswagen FOX 55PK petrol engine, the Peugeot 2008 is - ofcourse - a dramatic chance. Although both cars did very well in handling, I must admit the Peugeot 2008 drives like a charm, better than both cars i've owned. It is very comfortable and has a nice and firm grip on the road when taking bends and manoeuvring at high speed, but where it really stands out is at low speed, when the steering wheel is so light, it feels like you can take on the city with only one finger.
I didn't yet bother driving eco, so I went for sporty tonight, trying to figure out if this car can do both. And it can (or at least I personally feel it can, probably because i'm coming from 70PK). Acceleration is more than OK and it really feels like the engine is lively and despite it's weight strong enough to leave a majority of cars standing at the green light (luckely where I live, not so many people drive sportcars :)).

Will update this review from time to time, hopefully with more good things to tell.

Edited by: Navras

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First update

After driving a few hours today, I noticed something that doesn't feel right.When driving it feels like i have to constantly steer to the right and then to the left to keep the car straight on the road. It happens sometimes at low speed, almost all the time at high speed.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Does anyone have an idea what it is? Will check with my dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like the tracking on the front wheels is out & needs adjustment. Usually the sort of thing after hitting a pothole etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car has been doing it from the very beginning (which is only two days :)). Hopefully you are right, anyone else having the same problem? It kinda feels like a very nervous ride sometimes.
Edited by: Navras

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: it probably was just the wind (it was kinda stormy weather the last few days and now that the wind settled down a bit, it's much, much less of a nervous ride).

I LIKE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts