Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have had the 2008 Active in white for a week now and have done 350 klm's.So far so good.

I love it, especially the 6-speed auto gearbox (1600 e-HDI) You don't know it's a diesel car.....paddles work fine too.

Max torque at around 1600/1700 rpm so, you don't have to over rev to get anywhere. The gear changes are smooth and and the whole driving experience is great.

We have not used it much on motorways but, for in town and around our areas here it is fantastic. We shall be coming to the UK in it next year and I hope it's going to be ok on long distances too.

Has anyone travelled long distance in a 2008? Any comments?

PROBLEM
Stupid shelf, loading area....any solutions with after market goodies?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Petrosc,
I've had my 2008 for nearly 4 months and I love driving it. In fact it's improved even more (more responsive etc) in the last month or so. A couple of weeks agoI drove down from London to Cornwall (about 300 miles) and the journey took nearly 8 hours due to traffic!It was amixture of motorways, 'A' & 'B' roads. The car handle it well and I did not fell at all tired. I totally forgot that the car was only a 1.2. It was really a comfortable drive. It was economical too. I done the same journey a year ago in a 308 1.6 diesel and it cost me more in diesel than it did in petrol this time round.
That will be some journey from Greece. I envy you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wilmf...that's great to hear.

It looks like there must be an improvement after running it in. The dealer said that there is no need to run it in (?), I am not sure if he was right but I am a bit careful with it for the first 1000klms ( I am so used to it )
Omg, it took you 8 hours for 300 miles? We moved to southern Greece about 8 years ago and can make the journey to Athens (300klm) in 2 and a quarter hours, about 186 miles, without even pushing it. So, traffic has become a bigger nightmare in the UK now?
Diesel here right now is 80p/ltr so quite good for economy and this car has no road tax, mot in 4 years time.

We are looking forward to the journey back to England....We've done it before in a Volvo S60, a BMW and on a CBR1100 Blackbird and we enjoyed so much.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keep us informed about your journey. Maybe a car diary about the driving experience.
I must admit that 8 hour trip was just unlucky. Usually it should take between 4-5 hours. The return journey took about 4. But it's true traffic has got worse. More and more cars on the road.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Semi-auto gearbox worked fine for me too...Made long trips: Belgium- Romania (2200 km), Travel in Romania for a country meeting using Transalpina Road - 1300 km...The driving experience is very pleasant and comfy, used mostly the buttons for speeding so my legs rest a lot.
Is mostly a comfort car then a sport car, you can drive 500km and still be fine to go back...I cannot say this regarding small speedy cars where the platform is very rigid and gets you fast by very tired.
Have more nice experiences with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WilmF said:
Keep us informed about your journey. Maybe a car diary about the driving experience.
I must admit that 8 hour trip was just unlucky. Usually it should take between 4-5 hours. The return journey took about 4. But it's true traffic has got worse. More and more cars on the road.

Car diary, excellent idea, I am certain it will be great to do it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi George,

It is nice to know that the car is comfy on long journeys. We are already looking forward to the UK trip. At the moment we are doing short trips up to 150 klms to and from Kalamata from Finikounda so it will be a real test to comfort doing a 6500klm round trip to the UK.....

We need to sort out the route yet. Any suggestions will be very welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
You should go to Serbia-Austria- and so on...the problem is that traffic at border is awful as the cars are checked for illegal immigrants...so put another 3-4 hours for crossing all borders...establish stops near border after you cross it, to have time to rest...you can choose A3 or A8...but I advice for A3, as A8 have a lot of construction works at this moment on it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
george2104 said:
You should go to Serbia-Austria- and so on...the problem is that traffic at border is awful as the cars are checked for illegal immigrants...so put another 3-4 hours for crossing all borders...establish stops near border after you cross it, to have time to rest...you can choose A3 or A8...but I advice for A3, as A8 have a lot of construction works at this moment on it...

Thanks Gearge, this is very useful indeed. Our trip will be in July 2016 and, all been well, We shall look at

a) Macedonia-Serbia-Croatia to Austria and the rest to Calai France
b) Coast road Albania-Montenegro-Bosnia-Croatia-Slovenia-Austria and the rest to Calai France

Which ever is the least dangerous (hahaha)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm interested in the outdoor e-HDI which is manual only in Australia
Does anyone know what revs it does in fifth (top) at motorway speeds?.
Ta

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi to all long distance travellers,Just did Granada-Amsterdam-Granada ( 2 month old 2008 allure 1.6 Hdi 5 speed), crossed the Pyrenees at Val d´Aran and back at col de Pourtalet.
The car was simply great, city traffic (Paris and Amsterdam included!) with the strat stop is rather comfortable, high way till 120 kmh perfect at 130 missed a six gear...but ok you cannot have it all. Mountain, Spanish and French campagne is the ideal natural place to be with the 2008.
So...have to go for the first service (10.000 km)......if I go on like this I will change car soon again!
Good luck to you all at this great site.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've taken delivery of a brand new outdoor diesel manual.
I'm disappointed in the 'wooden' and, to me, artificially heavy steering at motorways sppeeds, compared to our 2015 308.
Anyone know if it's able to be adjusted to be a bit lighter at speed?.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 968px; color: rgb44, 44, 44; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider"><div ="msg" style="width: 813px;">Hi again, sorry for repeating myself but I put this in the wrong area I think

Well I've had the car since Monday and I am loving it. No picture yet as the weather has been dreadful up here. So let me state some positives and some queries, no negatives yet!

Positives:Very comfortable and driving position, for me, is spot on. The smallsteeringwheel is superb, granted I had to drop thesteeringwheel slightly but with the seat up to its full height the view to the dash is unobstructed.
I like the dash layout, it is crystal clear and the pop ups associated with e.g the cruise control and the intermittent wipe are very clear, positioned in the middle of the dash to minimize driver distraction.
There is plenty of room, you never feel cramped and even with the seat at its highest position there is ample head room.
The overall quality is very good and appears to be sturdy.
Once you get to grips with the menu (sub menu) on the touchscreen it is very intuitive although it's not perfect.
I'll review more of the car later.

Queries:Hopefully I'll get some help here as the only gripes I have just now are issues that bother me!
When using the USB for downloaded music I get the album art in the top left corner, all the track names etc are visible and correct but the album art in the lower left is stuck on the album art from the first track, I can't seem to change anything so that the current track's album art is shown.
I would like to attach photo's to my contacts so that I can see quickly who is contacting me but I can't see any way to do this. I have tried the photo's menu but that doesn't get me anywhere!
Although I love the way the Cruise Control works it's positioning and activation are clumsy to say the least as you have to stretch your hand in from the side of thesteeringwheel and stretch to activate it. When on though it is a joy to use.
Lastly for now, the cup holders - garbage and Peugeot need to be reminded that it is people who use the car and require easy to use and access cup holders, a basic necessity if you ask me.

Initial thoughts 8 out of 10

Thanks

Eulum

</td></tr><tr ="postSeparatorTableRow"></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
am new to all this ,but test driven hdi 1.6 auto at my local agent ,i found it very liverly agaist my honda jazz.am thinking of getting hdi 1.6 manual 100 in white ,but i dont do a lot og milage 7.500 ayear any advice please

·
Registered
316 Posts
With that mileage a diesel would take years to be any gain over petrol, new petrols are more efficient these days.

·
Registered
91 Posts
pete53 said:
hi
   am  new to  all  this  ,but  test driven hdi 1.6 auto at  my  local agent ,i found  it  very liverly agaist  my honda jazz.am   thinking  of getting hdi 1.6 manual 100   in  white  ,but i dont  do  a lot  og  milage  7.500 ayear any advice  please
Based on our brilliant 308 130 Pure Tech 6A I'd be waiting for the same to be available in the 2008.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,Just did Granada-Amsterdam and back. City traffic (Paris included!), country roads and highway..... the car performed very well. Average diesel 5.7 / 100 km ...not bad I think.
The car is small enough to park but the comfort gives the feeling you are driving a large sedan.
Cannot wait for next trip......

·
Registered
91 Posts
I expect the updated model with the 308 features to be be the ants pants.
Thermo plastic hatch and less 'clack' from the doors also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts