Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looking Good
Not seen that display on mine how do you get to that, also never been able to work out how to get date always displayed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. You mean the display theme ? There should be an option to change that somewhere. This is the original one, when i first got the car.

In order for you to have the stats always displayed (FC, Distance traveled, average speed), you need to select the proper tab out of those three. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
79 Posts
paz, alex is right on about the display, it's selectable by repeatedly pressing the button on the end of the wiper control stalk to reach the Trip 1/Trip 2 display.

alex, have you got"Grip control" set to "Snow mode" ? I haven't been able to test it in snow, wondering what's it's like in real world conditions ?How do you find the all weather tyres in those conditions ?
Which tyres do you have fitted to your car ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the confirmation, Light.

The car doesn't have Grip Control (it's a BlueHDi - Active, not Allure). I have some proper winter tires fitted on the steel wheels that came with the car (they are Nexen Winguards). And they did pretty good for their price. Heard that those All Seasons that come with the Grip Control cars, aren't that great in snow/mud. But someone else could confirm/infirm this :)

For summer, i got some 16" Brock RC Design alloys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks alex. That's explains your colour coded side mirrors the Active has, the Allurehas those silver shinny things, I prefer the colour coded. We don't get the 120 engine in the Active spec in the UK, only the 100ps, we have to go up to the Allure or higher spec for the 120.
You are right about the All Seasons not being great in snow, winter tyres are superior. I notice your temperature is showing -7c, definitely winter tyre weather, how do you find thegrip when braking in those snow conditions ?

I notice how much winter tyres have fallen in prices recently, helped by the lower oil prices,little difference between summer and wintersat the moment.

What type of camera was being using for the filming, it looks clear ?

Do you get enough heat from the heater in those cold snowy conditions ?

Does it have heated seats ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Alex,

Glad to hear that the car is behaving in the winters you are having in Romania.

We haven't had anything like that ...yet but you are right about winter tyres it's silly to be driving around in conditions like that on normal summer rubber.

Over here we are using the new type of all season tyres by Michelin/Goodyear and even Pirelli are in on the act.

Us British don't think of using winter tyres, mainly because we don't have the winters like you do and when it snows for the short period of time, a few weeks a year, we prefer to drive on standard tyres and clog up the roads and abandon our cars because we cant get anyway due to the ice and snow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was pretty careful when braking. I avoided hard braking and left enough distance to brake gently and i had no issues. But it's important to drive responsibly in these kind of conditions, because there are situations where not even the best winter tires can do much for you.

Yeah, it gets confy temperature wise after about 5 minutes of consistent driving and around 5 minutes of idle before going (take care of the windows and stuff). The car doesn't have heated seats.

The photos and video were both taken using my phone : Nokia Lumia 1020.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hiuncletone,

You are absolutely right, both about driving in these kind of conditions with summer tires and about winters in the UK, which rarely are this severe and with this much snow (and i consider this year being pretty light here). Most likely those high quality All Seasons will do just fine all year round in the UK.

BTW, if streets clog up when it snows (even though rarely) because most drivers still have summer tires, isn't there a requirement to have winter compatible tires between some dates of the year/certain conditions in the UK ? It has introduced here in Romania a few years back, and i remember getting angry over it because we had to spend more money on additional tires. But in the end, i realized that driving on summer tires all year round isn't the best of ideas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi alex,
There is no legal requirement in the UK about fitting winter tyres, not even a hint of it.
It wasonly around the recordcold December of 2010 with lots of snow & ice that the merits of winter tyres hit the news. I remember going into our local garage and asking about all seasons & winters tyres, they were surprised at the request, when I went back to have some fitted they told me they had since had several inquiries about them. At the time some car insurance companies were applying a surcharge for winter tyres fitted to cars, soon after they wereeducated as to the benefits and the surcharge was soon dropped. Nowadays winter tyres are more widely fitted although the majorityof cars are fitting with summer tyres all year round apparently.

That Nokia Lumia 1020 has a brilliant camera, no wonder the video & photos look good, thank you for providing them.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The difference will be seen when temp drops under -10 degrees. At that level, the All Season tires become a little to hard for brakes...the Winter tires remain with rubber soft, will brake faster.Also the control in curves is better with winter tires...
This is my opinion, as I used for years All Season, than dropped them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts