Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may have been mentioned before so if it has i apologise but for 6 months i've been trying to find the problem and have even had the car in at the dealers to try and sort it out and no information has been available.

if your sony xperia phone decides not to start charging when plugged into the cars usb ports there is a very simple fix.

1) go into settings

2) then go into "xperia connectivity"

3) scroll down to "USB conectivity"

4) change the mode from "media transfer" to "mass storage"

the car will now recognise your phone as a "data stick" so you if you wanted you could now play music and view photos on your car through the usb settings but more importantly you will now see it will charge!!!

NOTE: you will need to have the phone unplugged from the car to change the settings.

the problem occurs because the the phone see's the car as a computer and attempts to talk to it but the car speaks a different language so decides it's best to ignore it and refuse to give it power!

this fix may work for other troublesome models of phone as well but i havn't encountered any others to test.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Jonnyg
It is not clear in your post that the settings referred to are on the phone settings, and not on the touch screen, just in case this helps anyone else.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bad, the settings need to be changed on the phone!! it takes about 2 seconds to switch and switch back so no issues for those who hook up to pc companion regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts