Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a peugeot 2008 in january this year and have had to take car back twice to dealer as on both occasions the battery seems to have drained overnight. On both occasions my partner had to start my car with jump leads and i noticed that when i got it started the little A/C light was on. Has any one any ideas as to what the cause would be. By the way the car is back at the dealers for now as it is closed due to covid 19.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How old is the car?Also a common problem on some modern cars ( not just Pugs) is a fault with the internal lights.When you open your doors the lights in the roof come on but when you shut them the light can go out but the circuit stays live so it can drain a battery.Try turning the lights switch to off once you have the battery recharged and se if that helps(I have lent switched off permanently).Also if it’s an older car it could be that the battery is at the end off its natural life.

·
Registered
287 Posts
An ideal example of the advantage of everyone adding their cars year and model to their signature strip...it takes 2 mins (also the country your in so more appropriate local advice can be given).

The A/C may be a red herring and totally unassociated, if the car is over 4yrs old then worthwhile getting it checked and regassed/lubed as appropriate.

Here in the UK I've never spent more than £40 on having any of my cars regassed and anti-bac treated, I usually use groupon for this and ATS. If they find the gas and lube is fine then there's usually no charge.

Did they give you a courtesy car while yours is in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts