Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for drive tonite and noticed right cornering light on all the time and left one not on at all. Lights switch is on automatic.
Any ideas if I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Unless you are continually steering right, which I doubt, I don't think you can do anything wrong. Seems you could have a fault.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is this when you stopped, you not got the parking lights on ?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Presumably you have tried the obvious checks, turning lights off and back on. setting the wheels straight first. Does the left cornering light light when turning left etc?

I would normally revert to a full system reset myself in these types of issues, (i.e. battery disconnect and reconnect after 3 minutes). But I have never disconnected the battery on the 2008 and I would need to check that this isn't likely to cause other issues first.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes checked. Firstly turn left and left now on and right off. Turn right and right on and left off when car is stationary. But when driving both lights seem on and shining to left. This is annoying as right beam cuts across main beam pattern shining to left and distracts.
If driving straight should lights go out when driving or both stay on but shine straight ahead.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If driving straight neither should come on except when you have your indicator on, at which point the relevant light will come on .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every thing sorted now. Cornering lights came on a few days back. Last night I rechecked lights in dark. Found beams on dip shining to left. Today I took out and refitted bulbs and seems ok tonite. The space to fit bulbs for dip is so small I think when I upgraded the bulbs though seeming ok were not located correctly with lug fitting properly in recess. Hope nothing else is problem. I'm sure all now is fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driving in fog other night and right dip shining to left verge. Anyone notice that. Poor light even after upgrade. Someone driving in unlit country areas will know this.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've never noticed anything odd about the light from mine. Indeed I have found the lights to be particularly good even as standard and I drive a fair bit at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.