Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, This is the first problem since buying the car in Dec 2013
Anybody else any experience of the folding mirrors ceasing to fold back in automatically on locking the car ?
Have tried resetting via the internal mirror button but no joy.

Allure 1.6D 115 BHP.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi
I had a problem with my folding door mirrors not operating after about a month of receiving the car.
Booked it into the dealers and they replaced the switch and it's been ok so far.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had a problem with the mirrors on my 207 once where they stopped folding.On investigation i discovered that the passenger side mirror had been knocked slightly and it was enough to stop them working.A minor adjustment to put it back into place was enough to get them back into order.It could be worth checking both mirrors are seated properly.

I know that the manual states that the auto mirror folding can be set by the dealer but with all my past Peugeots it has been possible to set and unset the auto folding by pulling the Mirror button back and holding it for 2 to 3 seconds.I have no idea if this works for the 2008.

Reactions: Dickjoseph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Burty, Yep, just tried resetting with the control mirror button for a couple of seconds, as you suggested. Thanks it works. I guess the wife knocked the passenger mirror when throwing her handbag over her shoulder, when she got out, thus upsetting the balance !!
Phone call to the garage now to free up tomorrow morning. Once again thanks Burty.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Excellent news.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yesterday, after using the car for most of the day I parked on my drive and the mirrors folded in perfectly as they have done ever since I had the car. I know that some on the forum regard me as your tame grump but apart from the ECG I am generally very happy with the quality of the car. However I went out later to retrieve some paper work from the car and upon relocking, the offside mirror decided that it didn't want to play, and remained obstinately out. I tried all the normal resetting procedures but to no avail. This morning I rang my supplying dealer to book in for a fix. They are now Skoda dealers they informed me, and said that they could not do warranty work. I may have mentioned before what an inferior service I have received from them. Hard luck Skoda. Anyway I have booked in with another main dealer albeit many miles from me, who surprise surprise tell me that this is a .common fault. I didn't think that Peugeot would allow their dealers to say that. They are usually in denial about any fault. or perhaps it was just my old dealer. I would be glad to hear if anyone else has had mirror problems and what the fix was. I will report back after mine is fixed. Al

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Pilot
Yes I've had the same problem.
I was told by my dealer that it is a known fault- something to do with plastic parts being used in the original mirrors.
They replaced my faulty one with a new mirror ( which apparently has metal parts) and everything has been fine.
They did however have to order the new mirror which of course resulted in 2 visits to the dealers to get the problem resolved.
Ken

·
Registered
316 Posts
When mine are closing the driver side makes a clinking sound as if gears out line, anyone come across this?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks Ken. I will let you know outcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem last night, I have a Peugeot 2008, 2014 Plate.
I left the window open when it was raining then when I noticed the near side panel was soaked tried locking the car after giving it a quick wipe then Wow my mirror's stopped folding in and out, instant thought was water damage. Actually wasn't was the fact I'd pressed the fold in on the mirror selector button.
Quick Fix. Start ignition, make sure mirror selector is in the central position. Pull backwards. Mirrors should fold outwards. Note it's not the tilt button.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was -4 last night and when I got into my Peugeot 207 today the automatic folding mirrors were still in the folding position as I pulled off the drive. I tried switching the ignition off and restating the car, also locking the car and unlocking to no joy. I had to open them manually. Is this a fuse? Or a bigger problem? Or is this due to the very cold weather. They were working fine previously. Help. 😢

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Lyn,
same thing happened to me on Wednesday morning, driver's wing mirror frozen in folded position. I had to manually open the mirror and it then became quite loose and tended to move about as I was driving. When I locked the car again the mirror folded in automatically and now works just fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
When I first took delivery of my new 2008 the sales person at the dealership told me this sometimes happens in cold weather. A friend of mine has also reported this happening occasionally but I have not experienced it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 2008 Allure Premium. 18 plate

Thanks AlwaysAPug

had exactly the same problem, was just about to book into dealership when I saw your quick fix , works perfectly now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Haha - so there are benefits having a bog-standard 2008 ..... I just manually close mine when needed. The problem is when I get in the car and forget to open it up again - so have to open the window rather than get out .............. boo-ho

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with the mirrors on my 207 once where they stopped folding.On investigation i discovered that the passenger side mirror had been knocked slightly and it was enough to stop them working.A minor adjustment to put it back into place was enough to get them back into order.It could be worth checking both mirrors are seated properly.

I know that the manual states that the auto mirror folding can be set by the dealer but with all my past Peugeots it has been possible to set and unset the auto folding by pulling the Mirror button back and holding it for 2 to 3 seconds.I have no idea if this works for the 2008.
Pulling back the button worked on a 61 plate 207

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem last night, I have a Peugeot 2008, 2014 Plate.
I left the window open when it was raining then when I noticed the near side panel was soaked tried locking the car after giving it a quick wipe then Wow my mirror's stopped folding in and out, instant thought was water damage. Actually wasn't was the fact I'd pressed the fold in on the mirror selector button.
Quick Fix. Start ignition, make sure mirror selector is in the central position. Pull backwards. Mirrors should fold outwards. Note it's not the tilt button.
Hope this helps.
Just done this and great news it's now working thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts