Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just been checking lights to find both front running lights are not working no bulb failure light or any OBD 2 faults shown any ideas

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure how the bulb failure works on this model, but on previous cars I've owned the bulb failure light comes on when 1 bulb out but the bulb failure light doesn't come on if both bulbs fail.
I'm told the system usually compares resistance on the circuit side to side, if both bulbs work correctly or both bulbs fail the resistance is the same both sides so no warning. If only 1 bulb fails the resistance is different so the warning light comes on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’m not 100%sure and I’m not with my car now but is there a possibility that somewhere in the menu the daytime running lights have been switched off,I think there is an option to do that.May be worth checking

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’m not 100%sure and I’m not with my car now but is there a possibility that somewhere in the menu the daytime running lights have been switched off,I think there is an option to do that.May be worth checking

Yes there is a setting to turn the daytime running lights on/off in the menu but I can't remember where. I tried turn my DRLs off and they stayed on regardless whether they were set to on or off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts