Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered my 2008 at the end of September & still haven't heard from the dealer I have rang twice to be told I will ring you when there is a build date. I have been getting more info from this site. I even asked if it was looking like I would not get it till Jan to which he said no you will get it before Xmas. I would rather know the truth they would just wait patiently... Anybody order the same time as me had any news?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Lizzie,

To be honest, it is hard to predict anything to do with build dates and deliveries. I wouldn't even try to fathom it all out if I were you. On here, people have order before someone else yet get a build date after or just no news of build dates at all. It all seems pretty random. I have been told by Peugeot themselves, and no reason to disbelieve this as it come from quite high up, that it all depends on the spec of your car. If just one thing in the spec differs from another car ordered around the same time then the build dates will be different and unpredictable.

If it is any help, take a look at the spec of the car I have on order in my signature. I ordered the 22nd June. The dealer eventually got a round to placing the order 6 weeks later on August 6th. I've had build dates of September, October, November. At one point it was the 19th November, then moved to the 27th. It is now back to the 22nd. This has been confirmed now by my dealer whereas before they had no record of a build date and the dates were given me by Peugeot themselves. They have promised I should get the car this side of Christmas whereas until recentlt that was looking unlikely.

So if you have ordered end of September then you are 7 weeks behind me and if you equate that to my build date and estimated delivery you can see I think you might struggle to get your car this side of Christmas.

But, as I have said, there appears no science to this at all. So you may well still get it. Just depends what you have ordered and what extras you have with it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. All I would say is just prepare yourself to be frustrated, disappointed and angry over the next few months. But ultimately, let's hope happy.

Peugeot customer services I have found are a better. more reliable source of information. They seem to have access to more information than the dealers.

Trevor

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Lizzie I ordered the 3rd of October.Havnt heard much from my dealer until last week.He rang me to say he had a build day on the 19th of November,if not a few days earlier.Not sure on delivery because of Xmas.But possibly before.He said as from now he will ring me weekly.We will see,I still have in my mind January on receiving my car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Ordered mine 27th August and got a build date of 19th November. Dealer not sure if delivery will in possible before Xmas. I'll just need to wait and see.

-Sam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone what cars have you ordered? I've ordered the 1.2 allure the only extra I have ordered is the sunroof just interested if this is holding up my build date. I know I will be lucky to get it before xmas but just want my dealer to be honest then I will just patiently sit in the 2008 waiting room. My dealer has said he will ring me weekly but might contact customer services just to see if they can be honest with me!! As u said Trevor they seem to know more :) :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
lizzieb said:
Thanks everyone what cars have you ordered? I've ordered the 1.2 allure the only extra I have ordered is the sunroof just interested if this is holding up my build date. I know I will be lucky to get it before xmas but just want my dealer to be honest then I will just patiently sit in the 2008 waiting room. My dealer has said he will ring me weekly but might contact customer services just to see if they can be honest with me!! As u said Trevor they seem to know more :) :)
Lizzie i have ordered a

<div ="msgSignature">
2008 1.6 e-HDi 115 Feline 5dr [Calima] in Spirit Grey, and 17' Eridan Brilliant Black Alloy Wheels

·
Registered
184 Posts
sam said:
Hello,

Ordered mine 27th August and got a build date of 19th November. Dealer not sure if delivery will in possible before Xmas. I'll just need to wait and see.

-Sam
Suppose its possible Sam. My salesman says there may be a hold up due to Xmas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

My order was placed on the 10th august was told I would be looking at arrival end of Sep to October.

I didn't have anyresponse from my dealer at all which lead me to a few phone calls to them for answers which got me know where the guy I dealt with originally had left and his clients were given to another guy who didn't seem tofollow up any of the orders he was given. Felt like I was being passed around from pillar to post and nobody could give me any info. I cut out the middle men and went straight to customer care with a complaint and the intention to cancel my order and look elsewhere with the other line of cross overs that a coming onto the market. A few emails later with the customer care team I have a build date and a different person is now dealing with my order and seem to be doing a better job then the previous two I popped in On Saturday to meet with her and talk through the issues. She was apologetic and the and they have gave me a courtesy car till my order arrives which they assure me will be before Xmasas its being built next week. Feel like I'm finally getting somewhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least my dealer talks to me you have had it bad. Maybe its my sunroof that is holding it up ;-) I just want honesty he said he will call me on Friday we will see I'm hoping to get at least a full tank of fuel for the wait!! I'm liking being on here though as I don't feel alone in my quest to get my baby can't wait to drive it and have that new car smell its the small things for me

·
Registered
162 Posts
Lizzie, no you are definitely not alone! ;) A fair few people on here have had a long wait. I hope your dealer keeps their word and rings you. Don't know about anyone else, but I find nothing more frustrating than promised phone calls that never happen. It seems they never want to ring you with bad news. It always seems to me that when you have to ring them they give you bad news. When they call you it is because they have good news. Since ordering, my dealer had rung me only a couple of times unprompted by me. Suddenly, now I have a build date appearing on their systems, I get 2 calls in a week! So hopefully now, until delivery, they will keep me better informed of the status of my order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what's naffing me off Trevor they don't ring you I would rather him tell me the truth I believe in honesty I've only rang him twice & both times its like I'm bugging him. My hubby reckons its coz I'm paying cash & they make all the finance ones first he is a numpty sometimes

·
Registered
162 Posts
Might be some truth in that as mine was a cash deal too! It's kind of like it suprises them. Sort of went like this for me....

"will you be taking finance?"
"umm, no"
"Oh......... really? No finance? Cash?"
"Yes"
"Oh....... okay"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe we should do a survey hey trevor on who has got theres that has paid cash?? Yep he was shocked when i said i didnt want finance but tried to get me to buy loads on finance even said he would give me free car mats but i have since looked at my order & the cheeky man has charged me £25 how rude?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For the record: I paid cash.

·
Registered
144 Posts
looks like that's theories out
we also paid cash (self finance)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I also paid cash and had excellent service from my dealer in Rugby.

Al.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The only advice I have for you Lizzie, is document all of your frustrations on your feedback form that Peugeot sends out once the car has been received.

Like you we have all got frustrated with lack of information, but i think as we have all previously discussed on here and I suggested to my dealer a weekly email even to say no news.

I was on my dealers case all the time before the car arrived, but she just kept telling me, 'i'm sorry nothing as yet' 'No news yet', 'No build date yet' Then 'You have a build date in Oct sometime'. To the point I asked to see this for myself as I was fuming (this offended her a bit) but there it was a build date in Oct sometime, but the very next day she told me it was being built and completed and VIN number appeared.

So i supposed things can change quickly and news can come flooding in, but if they have no news, they have No news, it's just unfortunate dealerships are not managing the ' No News' better.

Mind you, in relation to feedback the dealership might then try to butter you up by giving you incentives to keep quiet.

Let us know how you get on and I promise you if you can hold on, the car is worth waiting for.

Jinxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks jin how Long did you have to wait? Don't worry I will be filling in that form when I do get the car if I do ever get it!! We will see if I get a call Friday it just gets to me that people who have ordered after me have got their build dates but I'm lucky really as some people have had a much longer wait than me I just think the customer service is pants!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
12 weeks in total I waited.

I do think you are right though, it is poor customer service that is making the wait unbearable.

You'll find a majority of the happy folks I include some of those that have not received their car as yet. Have been the ones the dealership kept in regular contact with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well having waited 5 months for my 2008 from order to delivery and finally taking delivery next week and I have to say I can't fault my dealership or sales guy. My issue is with head office or whoever decides that the dealerships don't need to be updated. It seems customer service have more info the the guys on the ground selling the cars. I think my sales chap was more excited about getting a build and delivery date than I was, probably because he finally had something to tell me following months of radio silence from elsewhere in Peugeot. Anyway it would seem my time sipping tea in the waiting room is almost over!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts