Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Fuel Economy - 1.6 e-HDi 92 FAP stop & start EGC ?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  george2104 
#1 ·
Hi all

Am thinking about getting a 2008 with the1.6 e-HDi 92 FAP stop & start EGC engine

How do people find it on fuel economy around town and motorway, compared to the official figures of :

urban 68.9
extra urban 78.5
combined 74.3

many thanks

#4 ·
I have 92cp 1.6 ehdi Start Stop AT6...the consumption in town (heavy traffic here) is around 3.9 l/km...Because I'am a lazy *******, I did not transform it in mpg...feel free to transform it with online converters... :)My opinion is that worth it, because a lot of stops in traffic and red lights...
Also there is a protection of turbine, as if you brake from high speed, eco will not enter immediately, will wait few seconds to lower turbine rpm.

#5 ·
george2104 said:
I have 92cp 1.6 ehdi Start Stop AT6...the consumption in town (heavy traffic here) is around 3.9 l/km...Because I'am a lazy *******, I did not transform it in mpg...feel free to transform it with online converters... :) .............................................................

...that's about 72mpg....

#6 ·
Since we got ours 11 months ago, we have travelled about 5000 miles.
In town, with heavy traffic, we get about 64ish. On a long run I get 72 and my wife, who has a smaller right foot, gets 74.
Long term average since new about 67
The economy is excellent and performance is far better than I thought it would be.

#7 ·
Geoffh, good economy... :)Also you can try to accelerate using cruise control speed buttons... you will save more diesel...I successfully obtained a mixed of 76.35 mpg (today I'am not a lazy *******, so I transformed 3.7l/100km :))) ).
Had few hills, few villages, and most important, maximum speed was 95km/h, in order to see the best I can do... (in villages and radars, at 55km/h)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.