Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For those of you lucky enough to already have your 2008, I wondered how you are doing on fuel consumption?

I have the 1.6 HDI Stop and start (92bHP) and have got around 55mpg since picking up the car a month ago (around 800 miles mixed round town and motorway).

I am reasonably happy with this! (compared with the 35mpg of my old citroen C4)

What do you think.

·
Registered
144 Posts
picked ours up this morningtaking her for a spin tomorrow start looking at the fuel figures
but lots better than our 25-30 of our last car of 13 years we hope

loving it so far

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Chopper,I have the same engine as you with 1300 on the clock,when I got her I was doing motorway journeys and was getting 63 mpg but am off work at the moment and visiting doctors and hospital so a lot of local running which has dropped the mpg down to 57. I am really happy as I had an Astra before which was lucky to get 30/35 on similar runs.
MickD.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1.2 manual, 54 overall with a fair bit of urban work. Woman is a more enthusiastic driver than me and can wind that down to 45-46 with little trouble. Best of all, petrol is about 45p a gallon cheaper than diesel so I'm quids in.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also have the 1.6 hdi 92 and I have done 5000 miles in 3 months. I am a averaging about 60mpg on motorways! it did get better after a few miles

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi
i have 92 bhp allure 2900 miles 58.7mpg combined ,will this improve as it covers more miles ? iam a little bit dissapointed i was hoping for 65mpg although 2008 is an improvement on my last car same driving 42mpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's not that bad. I get about 62mpg from mixed driving with my 1.6 BlueHDi ( <1000miles on clock). If your car is automatic or loaded with more than 1 person, it may have a slight impact in mpg as well.
Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
18 Posts
alex2jz said:
It's not that bad. I get about 62mpg from mixed driving with my 1.6 BlueHDi ( <1000miles on clock). If your car is automatic or loaded with more than 1 person, it may have a slight impact in mpg as well.
Getting a little bit better with 64mpg for the 120 BlueHDI on a mix of roads after only 500 miles. Hoping for some improvement but still happy as it beats my old diesel Nissan Note hands down for comfort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts