Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to put some diesel into my car from a plastic container with plastic nozzle. It came splashing back at me covering the side and wheel as well as my shoes, not happy!
There's some sort of plate across the opening that prevents the nozzle engaging/entering fully, I'm guessing the ones at the station pumps are of a specific size that seal against the side of the opening.

Never had this sort of issue before, this car is beginning to drive me nuts!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Diesel & petrol guns at the petrol station have two different necks to prevent putting petrol in to a diesel tank if the manufacturer have put the feature on their tank. Peugeot use the feature' hence the spill!
It's actually a good thing to prevent accidents. On mis filling
Your petrol can must have a petrol neck,you can buy cans with a diesel neck if you want to carry spare fuel

·
Registered
398 Posts
Or...more simple, you insert something that keeps the small plastic cover open :) (one piece of metal long enough not to loose it in your tank :))) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wont move, it remains in place, how do I know, because I tried to push it out the way with a smallmetal bar

·
Registered
398 Posts
If I remember, must press it in the point the pump is pressing...is not in center, but in one side...I had same problem at a Lukoil station, they had the pumps not ready for new diesel...so the man had a small metal bar that used to keep the plastic cap open...not sure how he did it...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Who the devil needs to refill their car from a can?. With the fantastic mileage that these cars do and the fact that it tells you how many miles you have to go until it runs out. The last time I stored fuel at home, which is very dangerous and possibly illegal was in 1973 with the middle east war on. Just run between full and a half and then refuel. It doesn't cost any more than running dry. The inhibitors on the tank filler are to prevent mis-fuelling and theft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts