Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had my air conditioning full service last year and it cost £149. I booked my car in for it's service and first MOT and the lady on the phone could not tell me what Peugeot's recommended service intervals are for the air conditioning. Does anyone know? I have climate control in my 2008. Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was quoted that kind of money by our local dealership when, having had a 208 loaner car and noting how much better the a/c was than my 2008 but I took another estimate from a local garage. They quoted me £50 but in the end, it cost around £90 when they discovered a valve needed replacing. Mind you they faffed around getting a new valve delivered so it took far longer to be sorted, than it should have. My car has a very low mileage (4,500 currently) for a late 2015 reg. The a/c was regassed a couple of months ago. I don't have climate control, just manually operated a/c if that makes any difference. Rather than a set service schedule for a/c, I'd suggest you get it done when you feel it's not working as well as it should?

Later - thinking about this I found this article which basically suggests every couple of years, or when you feel it's needed!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think any manufacturer quotes a specific time for a/c service.
there are so many variables that can affect the function of a/c
as said above most people get it serviced when it doesn't seem as cold as it used to be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had a few cars with air conditioning , never had one serviced but think one of the recommendations is that you switch it on summer and winter occasionally ,think this lubricates the seals on the system.I do do this on my 2014 Allure 1.6 HDI and have had no problems so far.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What has happened to cat air conditioning systems has become a problem since the EU decided that manufacturers could no longer use R134A refrigerant and insisted that R1234A refrigerant is used.This has proven to be less efficient and also in som cases flammable.Peugout are usuing it and it is a problem.It definitely needs to be replaced more regularly than R134A.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was quoted that kind of money by our local dealership when, having had a 208 loaner car and noting how much better the a/c was than my 2008 but I took another estimate from a local garage. They quoted me £50 but in the end, it cost around £90 when they discovered a valve needed replacing. Mind you they faffed around getting a new valve delivered so it took far longer to be sorted, than it should have. My car has a very low mileage (4,500 currently) for a late 2015 reg. The a/c was regassed a couple of months ago. I don't have climate control, just manually operated a/c if that makes any difference. Rather than a set service schedule for a/c, I'd suggest you get it done when you feel it's not working as well as it should?

Later - thinking about this I found this article which basically suggests every couple of years, or when you feel it's needed!!
Thank you,

I've read the article before but forgotten about it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
On all cars I've ever had I've had my air-con regassed/lubed every 3-4yrs...my first car with air-con was a 94 Mondeo and all others since have had it fitted, I have never experienced a failure with an air-con component in 26yrs

When buying a car that is over 3yrs old I always have the air-con checked as invariably there's no service record of this and most users are oblivious to the fact it needs to be checked and serviced.

I always check on discount sites (e,g, groupon) and have never paid more than £40 for this.

The antibac treatments can be bought from ECP or car parts 4 less for less than £5

Reactions: TheAllureOfDiesel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts