Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Full size dog guard

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MomosMum 
#1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know of a good roof to floor dog guard that will fit behind the front seats of my (2015) 2008. need the space due to having 3 dogs...
Regards

#2 ·
Hi Billox. Sorry, never seen one floor to roof. I got the rear seat to roof one fitted when I got the car and if there is a Peugeot solution for your dilemma you'd probably have to sell a kidney to pay for it ˜ worse still, in 2 months I haven't been able to bring myself to let our gsd in the car - I still have the post park drool stains covering the rear seats of the Punto to discourage me.

#3 ·
Hi Bill,

Sorry I can't help you with that. Like you we wanted one for madams car but they only seem to do the one that locates on the top of the rear seat.

There must be one out there that can be adapted. I need to have another look on the internet as "madam" is chasing me on that.

I'll get back to you if I find anything, and before anybody says anything its not so she can stick me in the boot,

I tell you what I was looking at Bill, but cost maybe a limiting factor take a look here

http://www.mmgguards.co.uk

Edited by: uncletone

#6 ·
Hiya..I had the rear seat to roof dog guard fitted when I picked up the car last autumn, but is lovely, but I need to put the seats flat,so it has to be removed. This may seem stupid but does anyone know if there should have been a special alun key or tool to remove the huge screws with a large flat headed cross on them? Doesn't look like ordinary screw driver job, and I don't want to use a Phillips head that may chew them up. The top of the screws are very flat with a cross. Thanks

#7 ·
Well...now I DO feel stupid...I said when I joined, I would come on here with some really stupid questions didn't I ? :0)
Thank goodness nobody answered me! I was trying to take the whole dog guard unit out, which I've realised is sooo not necessary. There is a knob each side, near the back of the seat which you just undo, and the guard just lifts off, leaving the brackets on there. I obviously hadn't looked properly, but I really couldn't understand how it could possibly be that difficult when the guard is advertised as being easily removed. I'm now totally thrilled with it, the same as I am with the rest of the car, until I find something else. :0)

Those big screws which hold the brackets on, are another matter, because they obviously have a nut on the back, to hold the screw on, which are not accessible by hand, so will fall off behind the facing. And doesn't look like a normal screw driver head. So I can understand why it does take a dealership about 20-30 mins to fit. It's very clever and neatly done, which is why I didn't want to mess anything up,but thank goodness I can leave that bit alone. Thank you to anyone who has taken the trouble to read this anyway. Ruby

#8 ·
Most of the better known car dog cage makers would have one for the 2008s I'd imagine, BUT why not use a removable crate(s)? We have one which sits cross-wise behind the front seats with 2 doors, in the normal position and on the longest side. My Whippet travels in that because in a crash, she'd 'fly'. She accesses it from the rear passenger door but could be reached via the tailgate. My Basset normally doesn't travel in a crate but is behind her crate at the back. If we do a longer trip, his bigger crate would be behind her crate, accessed from the tailgate.

I'm not sure about a floor to roof guard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.