Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have like a few others here been ridiculed for our driving style or lack of knowledge. The HSA mechanism mastering is no different

However, my partner has just been stopped by 2 police officers on bikes who were behind her at a roundabout.
The roundabout junction exit has a small incline poss 5%. Upon braking and then taking foot off to accelerate away the car rolled back slightly towards the 2 police officers.

She was subsequently pulled over and they had concerns why it was rolling back. She explained and demonstrated. He advised its not the 1st HSA car he has pulled due to the mechanism failing. He advised it was very dangerous and to return car to peugeot. He is going to the dealership now to discuss his concerns too.

Thankfully my partner had nothing to answer for but we WILL be changing the car ASAP.

Be warned!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Push brake down slightly harder than normal.. right to the floor. Release.. this gives u 2 seconds to get from the brake to the accelerater. Not rocket science.

Cant wait till you do finally get rid of the car so you can stop with the moaning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well said

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree, I don't even have to press the brake pedal any different from normal for the hill assist to work, easy to use. We get it that you don't like the car but we do! Please keep you moans to yourself, it is International Happy Day after all!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
HSA's fault or not you have already made complaints about your systems effectiveness on here, if you were already dubious of the systems integrity why on earth did you not handle the vehicle as if HSA was not installed?!?!?!?
would you use a kettle if you thought there was a risk of electrocution??

5% is not a high enough for the system to take effect!!! it is there to help simplify HIGH gradient hill starts IT DOES NOT REMOVE THE NEED TO EVER DO A PROPER HILL START.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thgt these boards were to raise concerns
Not be abused for discussing valid points.

I just laugh at u all as so much more to life than pathetic little 2008 lovers lmao

U all seriously need to back off. Troll lololl lolloll

·
Registered
48 Posts
^ theres raising concerns and then theres just moaning like a child and throwing your toys out of the pram at features of a car that u bought with out test driving or even properley looking into all of its features etc. You are clearly not a very clever person and you are just proving that to everyone on here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just remind me how u test drive a vehicle if its not avail or in the country? Im not the first to order a new car without a test drive.

Im not moaning just clearly pointing out issues with my specific vehicle. Why is that such an issue?

Why is making others aware such an issue?

Jesus you lot wouldnt last 5 min if u had to share cancer stories. I mean your all about me me me and it would certainly be ive had the worst cancer and others stories dont come close or compare!

Please do me a favour.

Dont comment on my posts unless u have something others will benefit from.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will you do us all a favour get rid of your 2008 and sod off.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Really?? Now you're really starting to make yourself look like a dick? Who brought Cancer into the convo? Did you miss the title at the top called '2008 OWNERS CLUB'? This group is for people to discuss their cars and get advice, all you are doing is moaning about your car and now your health. You have already said you are getting rid of it so why are you still here? I have refrained from saying it earlier but yes you must be stupid, you keep saying that you couldn't test drive the car as there wasn't one to test, well more fool you for spending your money on something you didn't see, why didn't you wait or get a car you could test drive? But as they say "a fool and his money are easily parted!" And stop it with telling us its all about 'me, me, me' when as far as I can see you are making it all about you and yourself!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing to do with my health. Just an observation.

But all i HAVE done is post to ask advice, list my comments about why i dont like my vehicle in the correct forums along with a comment here to warn others. I am on retaliating to unecessary abusive comments. Why should i just put up and accept them. Would you?

I just feel its unfair and unjustified people say im just moaning and saying basically piss off. Not v friendly boards or helpful.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't wish to be involved in the personal comments on this thread but I do have something to add on the subject of the hill assist. My last car was a 3008 also with ecg and would not release (automatically) until the vehicle was moving forwards.ie no rolling back problems. The hill assist only operates when the gradient reaches a predefined level and there are slopes on which the vehicle will roll backwards when this system does not operate. With a manual clutch and a handbrake all is totally normal and you can do a nice smooth pull away. With the EGS you have no control over the bite point of the clutch and it is almost impossible to syncronise the letting off of the handbrake with the taking up of the drive so occasionally you may roll back a little. On steeper slopes this is not a problem as the hill assist operates. I find my vehicle generally very satisfactory but its not perfect. The tailgate for instance is awkward to release and heavy to lift. If fitted with the split design of the 3008 it would have been fine. Enjoy your cars . Nothing is perfect in this life.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry some of the text was deleted on posting should read that my last car a 3008 was fitted with an electronic brake which would not release until the car was moving forward

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I'll close this thread as it seems to have went off course a little. Banter is fine but please don't make it personal.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.