Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my 2008 just over a week now & compared to the 2005 plate Suzuki swift I previously had its very luxurious to drive.
However I have noticed that when changing my gears(manual) the gear stick feels slightly wobbly when moving it, is this normal? Seeing as my previous car was so old I have nothing to compare it too. Although my Suzuki’s gearstick definitely felt a lot more secure when moving from gear to gear!
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
97 Posts
How old is your 2008, is it new or just new to you?
I cant really comment on the gearchange as mine is a semi-auto which means I have the best of both worlds (or worst of both worlds depending on your opinion)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 17 plate, it’s not a massive issue to me it’s just something that bugs me a bit when driving! Just thought I’d try and find out if it’s normal :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a manual gearbox and do not notice a wobble effect . When I first got mine thought it seemed a bit vague when going around corners I put this down to the car sitting s bit higher on the road to my previous Honda Civic and possibly the small steering wheel which I think is great . Do not notice it now. If your car is only a week old and you bought it from a garage they will probably be ok with having a quick look or get someone else to drive it to see if they come to the same conclusion..If it is faulty it could be expensive to put right in the future .If it was a Pergiot dealer they may want to charge you 50 quid just to look at it even if it's under warranty.If the fault is not covered .Usually you get at least 30 days from buying it at least to complain.even if the car is out of warranty.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If it's new to you, then get them to check it over asap, depending on where youi bought it? The 108 I was going to buy - now THAT had a shocking gear change, not helped by the fact the gear knob was loose which gave me a very odd feeling. The only problem I've ever had with my manual Ps was, from the 208 SWs through two 2008s since, sometimes reverse could be a pill to select and I had/have to declutch before it would go in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts