Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2008's interior is delightful... great car.. treat to drive.. but..

Is it just with the Allure range.. but with Humpty the black shiny strip along the top of the instrument barnacle can sometimes give off a dazzling reflection into the drivers eyes when being driven at certain angles toward the sun... which is simply a thoughtlessly rubbish design feature, and in practice not only tiresome but also somewhat dangerous.
Having just driven a new Peugeot 308, I was pleased to see that that model's equivalent of this silly reflective plastic strip was covered with the more usual soft dashboard non-reflective material.... so why do we have it dumped on us from Peugeot with the 2008's ?
So.. some help needed please... any good suggestions as to how to rid this glaring nonsense without spoiling the interior's otherwise excellent quality appeal ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
must be your driving position because I've never had any Glare. Sorry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good suggestion about driving position... Have thought it may be due to my eye level, anyone else 6ft or over here ?
The disadvantage of being my height is that getting in and out of the car means head-down chin-on- chest to get into and out of the seat... but once sat in there's loadsa room..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Spray painting it may be the answer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't have the problem, could be my driving position being only 5 -8Where is the glare coming from roof(glass) or the side windows ?
If it really bugging you, go to a decent window tinting firm,you can go a few shades darker and still be legal. They can stick film on the windows to darken it. My daughter had it done on a 206 , it was still going strong with no issues after two years when we got rid of the car.
You can do it yourself, if you handy but might be best left to firms who do it all the time

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You could try spraying in Plasti-dip.

I understand that it can be removed, although I have never used this product I have read a lot about it on various forums. (People painting complete external parts of cars in this product and removing it later etc).

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

·
Registered
242 Posts
A cheap option might be matt black electrical tape on the edge bit ,you could just remove when u get rid of the car

·
Registered
165 Posts
At 6'7" I don't get the reflection/glare you mention. However as a passenger in the Allure the 2" chrome "arrow" on the dash reflects terribly in the sun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not experienced any similar issues but suggest you try fitting a matte finish Vinyl or PU tape over the shinny surface that causes you trouble. You can buy suitable stuff on Ebay under the heading `helicopter and bike tape' this type tape is removable. I use the 3M stuff on my door sills to prevent scratches. See this as an example:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matte-Hel...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4174b110b2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for your suggestions - certainly some differing ideas, both new and informative for me to consider in there.
The rhino tape fix will be the first attempt I'll just have to try... and get enough spare for some sill protection too.... then maybe
some bright peel-off spray could brighten those dull winter days.. oh .. they do do it in shades of grey...

cheers all
ejohn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts