Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 has dual-zone digital air conditioning and on page 72 of the owner's manual it shows "Ventilation Nozzle-B"In my 308, the ventilation nozzle could be turned open or closed with just a twist.
In the 2008 there is an open space which of course allows cool air to circulate around the glove compartment.
My question is; Is there supposed to be a nozzle which can be turned off/on/ somewhere in-between?
If so, it will be an interesting trip back to the garage, as I took delivery on 30th July!

·
Registered
398 Posts
You have the nozzle that can be rotated in order to turn it on/off, is in the glove compartment located in the upper part (the upper "wall"), exactly at entrance.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Richard,

If it helps "madams" car is missing the "on/off" nozzle and hers is a January 2015 model.

When I enquired with my local dealer Peugeot started leaving them off as a cost cutting exercise

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uncletone said:
Hi Richard,

If it helps "madams" car is missing the "on/off" nozzle and hers is a January 2015 model.

When I enquired with my local dealer Peugeot started leaving them off as a cost cutting exercise

Thanks for this. It will be interesting to see what the Peugeot Concessionnaire in Perpignan has to say about it. You may want to keep something cold in Winter when the heating is on or warm in Summer when the refrigeration is on.
I suppose the ploy may be to get you to buy an electric cool/warm box to plug in to the 12V socket!

My car was built on 22 May this year and delivered new to me on 30th July.

·
Registered
273 Posts
At least on the left hand drive models you have a sensible glove compartment. On our English right hand drive models the compartment is taken up by fuse boxes etc and you can barely put a pair of gloves in there. Never mind keep them cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As an update, the concessionnaire in Perpignan has confirmed that the vehicle conforms to specification. There was silence when I pointed out that the Driver's Handbook was wrong and that in Winter, you cannot keep something fresh in the glove compartment because you cannot switch off the heating from the rest of the system.No more cool chocolate when on an airport run!!

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts