Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got the 2008 - Active - BLUE HDI DIESEL - 75BHP

I am noticing that when I switch on the air-condition a winning comes from the AC compressor at about 1500 - 2000 rpm on 1st and 2nd gear.

The local dealer told me that the car is in tip top condition and could be because of the new euro 6 blue hdi engine

Any of you are experiencing something like this .....It is bothering me a lot ....i never had this issue with other brands

Apart from this car is wonderful

Appreciate your urgent help

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello,
I noticed this too but I've got the new 1.2 petrol engine and the noise only last for a few minutes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Matt,I had a similar issue with a whining compressor on the Audi TT.It turned out to be a shot bearing in the end, but I would imagine knowing dealers love of doing warranty work if they say its OK I would leave it and see what happens with it over the next few months. I take it you are leaving the air-con switched on all the time? right.

Marie,

Has you car not been stolen yet, the last we saw, it was parked in, how shall we say, not an area conducive to safe parking. Or are you working on the policy if I don't wash it nobody will nick it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony, thanks for your reply. To tell you the truth at the moment in Malta temperatures are always above 33 degrees so it is crazy not to switch on AC.

From the day of my post the noise nearly vanished now... I think the compressor required some running.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Matt,

Glad to hear that its getting quieter.

Only 33 degs !!!! we have some lovely rain here and a temp of 13 degs.

Can I come and stay with you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tony,
Nothing wrong with east London. Perfectly safe (as long as you don't go out walking at night
).
Funny enough with thebad weather we've been getting herethe car has been washed by nature and looks lovely (apart from the dead flies on the front grill & bumper!)

Got a new bag on shopping trip to Oxford. Suits the car much better.

Have to admit the car is much smoother & responds better when the air con is off first thing. Had no problems though on the M40 to Oxford. Good acceleration even with the air con on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ooh a new bag, did you hear that Tone?!

I leave my climate control on 'soft auto' all of the time (usually set at 20.5 degrees). I've not heard any strange noises (other than a banging noise when I turned corners - that turned out to be a plastic Minion underneath the passenger seat!).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kate, in UK you can use Soft...here I also use Soft, but after I set first to Middle, to get the temp lower...on crazy heat (above 30 degrees in shadow), the Soft is like you don't have it...
PS Today rains...Yes !!! Finally !!! Send some moisture from UK, will be welcomed :)))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts