Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good wash and polish with Autoglym super resin polish and extra gloss polish protection,great results.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Look good there Aqua wax is good for a top up between waxing

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
allan40alt said:

I was an advocate of Meguiars, until I heard recently that Autoglym had upped their game because Meguiars came over here and kicked their arse. I did use Meguiars shampoo religiously but bought Autoglym's shampoo and conditioner the last time I needed some and i appear to be getting much better results with that.

It's nice to support a UK company where possible IMHO.

·
Registered
242 Posts
U can't beat autoglymn shampoo found it the best and the reviews are always high. All the top waxes are good if you spend the time doing the car.autoglym probably quicker than megiuers to use. End of the day it's preference they all good apart from cheap ones. My favourite currently is formula 1 wax
I also use the no water washes and get a good result greased lighting,Williams and mantis. Expensive but quick

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I didn't know that.

May just give Autoglym another go as it must be well over 15 years since I last used their products.

Thank's for the heads up.

Al.

PS. One product of their's I've always used and rate highly is their Aqua-Dry Synthetic Chamois Leather.

I have two in the garage, the older one is for the wheels, and another for wiping over the shower and mirrors in the house. Brilliant, but give it a good rinse through first time you use it.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just had a look at the Autoglym Super Resin Polish and it says:

Autoglym Super Resin Polish
restores gloss to dull surfaces. Light scratches, swirls, stains and scuffs vanish leaving your paintwork like new.

Reading that would indicate to me that it contains mild abrasives which I wouldn't think necessary on brand new paintwork, even though they say it can be used on new paint.

I would think it better to use their special applicator and use very light pressure when applying.

It gets top reviews on Amazon and I found this little video that you may find of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zFka8hOyA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right allen40alt only use the resin every few months to remove tar and grime and rub very lightly with an applicator and use the extra gloss for protection and shine.and your right burty, autoglym have upped their game i've used autoglym for years and it is a lot better now.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I use Turtle Wax liquid...Before it, I apply the PTFE protection...Seems that is working nice together, water repellant is very powerful.Also the PTFE is applied only after a good wash (I use degreasing agents in water) and good dry.
Applied twice at interval of 4 hours leave the paint like glass...after use Turtle wax, is deep mirror.
Will have pics added when will have next treatment...now is very cold.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I guess the right polish/wax to use is the one you are happy with.

I like the Meguiars because it's easy to apply and buff with fantastic (well it pleases me) results.

It doesn't leave any dust in the crevices and you can apply it to the black mouldings/window surrounds with no white marks spoiling the finish. Many polishes/waxes say keep it off the trim.

It can also be applied in the sun. Many polishes/waxes say don't apply in direct sun.

There are many far better polishes and waxes but they usually cost a lot more. I've tried so many different types after more than 50 years of cleaning and waxing and Meguiar's does seem just about the best for me.

Here's my wife's 206. It will be 13 next month. I 'Meguiared' it on Sunday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Autoglym products and the first thing I will do to my new 2008 will be to apply the polish then apply Autoglym High Definition Wax,the last time I brought a tub of that it cost £40 but well worth it as the rain just beads of it for month, so weather permitting on March 1st I will be hard at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts