Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to point out the superb ECG in the new 2008 1.6 eHDI (92bhp version). I had the 3008 previously and loathed every minute of it! Admittedly it was a rushed purchase after having an above knee leg amputation. But the salesman really pushed it to me too which I fell for. Anyhoo onto new pip pip. I planned to get one after seeing motor show prototypes which I were told were as close to the final thing as possible. I wasn't disapointed at all. Everything is just great IMO and the egc is completely different to my 3008 which was lethal. The 2008 egc is responsive, quick to change and smooth. I have suffered no lag, hesitation or sudden down changes and lunges into the back of those in front. I don't know how its been achieved but it works well. Overall drive and handling is 100% better in the 2008 and performance for a 92 brake oily lump is surprising. The 3008 scared me daily with its egc issues and disappointed me with its performance in equal measures. I never got better than 41.4 mpg despite long journeys and motorway driving. Wind unsettled it , so did rain , it didn't like it too hot and went through tyres for fun! My 2008 is my first ever satisfied new car purchase. It is a joy to drive, cheap with 67mpg combined over first 1300 miles and gorgeous. I have read some odd comments re aesthetics of the car and they seem so completely unfair -But heyho you can't please them all and I know sometimes teething probs occur and faults -but I've always found Perrys pug nelson really great. Like owt else- ' treat others like you expect to be treated yourself' I've always lived by this and never found it to be wrong. respect and a courteous manner usually gets you your way, or at least gets you listened to and taken seriously- I think some people go off the deep end at the first thing and wonder why they seem to be treated less than politely themselves. Anyway whine over- if your thinking about the 2008 egc I can say for sure its a cracking piece of kit.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interesting. I was going to ask you why you disliked your 3008 in the other thread but you've answered that now. Having never even as much as sat in a 3008 I have no idea what they are like.

I agree with you about some of the criticisms of the 2008, many seem to be more about finding stuff to dislike than genuine complaints (headlining feature lighting being too dim is one that comes to mind). Edited by: burty

·
Registered
37 Posts
All well said DADEETS, I love my car also (had it nearly 9 months now), AND you are so right about others just trying to find negative things to say rather than praising........ the one that makes me chuckle is people saying you can only mute the radio but cant turn it off ..... really is that a fundamental life changing fault......??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just made the same move and cannot say I had any issues with EGC on the 3008, but I agree with the comment about fuel consumption, I only managed 45mpg. Only had the 2008 a few days but already achieving 67mpg and love the car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
jonesy said:
All well said DADEETS, I love my car also (had it nearly 9 months now), AND you are so right about others just trying to find negative things to say rather than praising........ the one that makes me chuckle is people saying you can only mute the radio but cant turn it off ..... really is that a fundamental life changing fault......??

While none of the points raised here are life threatening so to speak I think that these improvements lists are essential especially if (hopefully) someone at Peugeot reads and acts upon them otherwise it is a waste of space.

Many of them are doable with a firmware upgrade. For example I am somewhat bothered that that center console displays the speed twice. I would rather have the time displayed there. I think having an improved way of selecting contacts is important more so if you use the phone a lot in the car. I can see this as being an accident preventer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts