Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.2 active has Goodyear efficient grip tyres.( not sure if they are standard across the range on the 2008).
for those that have had their 2008 for a while and have these tyres how did you find they perform in the winter roads ??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi barrheadred..... agree with you, and it should be interesting to find out... Humpty came just too late this year for the winter weather challenge , but will be all kitted and ready with the magic of grip-control plus those Goodyear Vector 4Season M+S tyres for the next months.

You have no doubt seen the Youtube promo video of a white 2008 (probably Al's before he got that great discount
) making it up the icy ski slopes without much problem, good to know that that performance is available to us if the weather changes and you live on top of a hill.

One thing about these Goodyear treads... they've got a great take-home apetite for chippings and any other small debris - no puncture's yet
- but reccon we need one of those old fashioned boy-scout devices for clearing out horses hooves - just to keep ready in the glove box

Humpty is so much quieter along the road after a good tyre dung out.

Weather usually still OK hereabouts in the south.. How's Glascow in October ?

cheers

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The tyres and tread widths differ according to the rim size and whether you have 'grip control'.

They also differ between petrol models and diesel models and whether manual/EGC/auto.

All-in-all there's a few permutations.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allan40alt. Very true. Just thinking generally lol don't confuse things haa haa. Don't have grip control as its only an active.
ejohn. Weather usualy just wet in oct
Nov, then can get tricky after that

Edited by: barrheadred

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That'll be why you have Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres. The models with grip control come with Goodyear Vector 4 season tyres. I quite like them myself but last winter was mild so I never got to try them in any snow. (They are expensive though).

I can't talk about the Efficientgrip tyres but they get good reviews and Goodyear has never made a bad tyre IMHO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Efficientgrip tyres on my 1.2 Allure which I've had since the end of Dec 13. Fortunately (!) haven't had a proper chance to test them out in proper winter weather yet as we had a mild winter up here in the North East at the end of last year/start of this year. Maybe this year ... ?!?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Barrheadred, i hope not to test out the how is it on the icy roads.

I travel from Clydebank to Stirling every day and thought of being stuck on the M80 is not appealing. lol

Ian

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have been so impressed with the way these Vector 4 seasons tyres have gained such good reviews, and the way they perform in the dry and wet on our 2008 (alas no snow trials yet!) I have ordered a set of four for our VW Tiguan 4x4 automatic. I checked the figures at the tyre depot, who I have used for years, and established the ride is better and quieter than the Bridgestone Dueller Sports it came with as standard.
I hope I'm right or it's an expensive mistake! However it saves swapping summer tyres for winters and having to tell the insurers as well as storage etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts