Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new urban cross 1.6 this afternoon and love it, such a great car and a excellent drive. Only down side is no led instrument dial surround on it although it does say it has it on the spec sheet.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi TiddlesHas it got a 3 buttons between the clocks. One does your trip, the other does the brightness of the displays and the third witches on the LED Instrument Display

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has 3 buttons between the clocks! Left one dims the brightness middle brightens it and the third shows next service and resets current miles.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Jon,

What model have you got.

I see from the handbook that there is on page 14 a drawing of the LCD Instrument Panel which has the 3 buttons you talk about. The left hand one dims the middle one brightens and the third trip and service etc.

But on page 15 which is the Active Matrix Instrument Panel, as per "madams" car, the middle button of the 3 which looks like a mushroom this is the one on mine for the mood lighting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah have the lcd instrument panel, I truly believe it down not have the blue surround dash unless I'm missing something strange its on the spec sheet though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you look at page 6 of the vehicle specification / price document, under key instruments, LED instrument dial surround isn't included on the Urban Cross. However, I appreciate that on the third page it says otherwise....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kate.. I agree I'll go with it doesn't have it which is a shame and a bit strange.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It has made me look at what I'm supposed to have on my Allure... anybody know what 'stainless steel front and rear scuff plates' are please? Also my gear knob is metal not leather.... it's was absolutely freezing the other morning!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think I would complain if I was you, bit out of order in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest Kate the dealership have been terrible right up to the point of pick up today!! The young sales boy even told my 33week pregnant wife that his manager is very stressed today!! How he services that I don't know!!
Got to pop back there tomorrow so will say something.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Your wife did very well not to slap him! Good luck with the coming few months (car and baby!)....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
KateinNotts said:
It has made me look at what I'm supposed to have on my Allure... anybody know what 'stainless steel front and rear scuff plates' are please? Also my gear knob is metal not leather.... it's was absolutely freezing the other morning!
The scuff plates are the metal trims on the bottom of the front and rear bumpers.(Not present on the lowest trim levels)

The alloy gearknobs are lovely but they do get very cold when the temperature drops.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ah, thank you, thought they were to do with the door sills. That makes sense now.

Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
So the knitted cover has already been invented!

Think I will have to buy some gloves

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jon,

If the missus doesn't give him a slap, I've a few farmer friends down here in the sunshine state who will give him a slap for you. Just give me a the nod

The MGF has an alloy gear knob which as you say in winter is a little cold, so I change if for a leather one and revert back in the summer.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=500865&highlight=gear+knob+covers

All the best with the impending delivery of both baby and car

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So on the Good advice from others on here I took the car back into the dealership today to ask about the led dash lights and tinted back windows that are not on the car but on the spec we were given when they sold the car to us.
Manager could not understand why they were not on the car and took plenty of pictures of the car and spec to send to head office!! As we were sold the car under this spec I feel we should either have these fitted or some compensation...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thats a good shout Jon, well done.

If you don't ask you don't get.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Too right they should compensate you in some way. I would be really annoyed about the rear tinted windows given your (baby) situation.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I came across a man in much same situation as you are, found out he was compensated by Peugeot, he was given loads if accessories to value 100s, so push them for same.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts