Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2008 is classed as a 'Crossover' ie; a small SUV.

The ground clearance though in the brochure is just 165mm (6.5") which seems quite low for a 'Crossover'.

Have I read that correctly?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I've done a little more searching and found that, although the ground clearance is less than the 188mm of the Nissan Qashqai, it is better than the 140mm of the Peugeot 208 and the 110mm of the 206.

The 165mm of the 2008 therefore seems a reasonably good height, providing you are not going to be 'off-roading'; but that applies to many similar cars.

NB: Big benefit though is the 70MPG of the 2008 against the 35MPG of the Qashqai, which I've never taken off-road anyway!!

Roll-on the test drive!

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That's useful info - thanks for the research! It's not too far off the QashQai which is reasonable enough for what they are likely to be used for and should still give a decent view out over the roads.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wouldnt worry too much. The grip control might allow you to progress over sand and snow, but with very little axle articulation, no low range, only FWD, no diff locks all the ground clearance the world won't help if you if you venture off road.

Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no 'Grip Control' with the EGC version so off-road is a definite no-no for me!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I shant be bothering with grip control. Had it in my old 3008 and its a poor substitute for a proper 4wd set up.

To be hones if prefer the 208 sw but Woman isn't very tall and is blind in one eye, so the extra seat height will be nice.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bern, must admit to being quite impressed by the videos showing the handling in the mud and the others on the sky slope.

I thought it might be useful when there's a bit of snow about but I guess if you're stuck in a queue in the snow then, whether you have 'grip control' or not, you're not going anywhere anyway.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
With the all weather boots they have fitted the 2008 should be better across some of the wet fields I have ended up parked in recently. When I had a discovery in truth I never used it off road to its full as it is too easy to trash panels and plowing through mud makes a good impression of wire wool on the alloys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts