hi all
picking up car next Saturday
any advice for us when picking up car
i.e does anything need activating by dealer etc

thanks grahame

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very good topic, also very interested in this even though i've still got a while to wait

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Check over your car inside and out! Make sure there are no defects!

There's a lot to take in so ask questions or ask for them to go over it again if you don't fully understand anything.

Your dealer will probably run right through the Sat-Nav/Radio/Hands Free system and set it up with you including pairing your phone.

They will also show you the 'Park Assist' in the car but not necessarily demonstrate it on the road.

You may find the video links I posted a help to see how easy 'Park Assist' is to use:

Park Assist demo

Park Assist demo II

Park Assist Demo III

The hand over takes about an hour, or so.

Some things they won't cover and they're not even in the hand book but some of us who've had our cars a while may be able to help.

If in doubt ask...or post a question or use the 'Search' feature.

Have fun....you're going to love it!

Al.

PS: ...and remember to post some photos in the 'Gallery' section!

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
193 Posts
It may look daft but always get down low and look along the sides of the car.It is easy for someone to ding the doors or wings and hard to prove it was there after you drive it away.It paid off for me once, so a habit now for me whenever I pick up a car from the dealer either new or after a service.

Enjoy the smell of a new car next week.

Mac.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Check all your equipment is fitted, spare wheel (not sure if all models get one), jack, locking wheelnut key. Both sets of keys (again don't think all models get two). Manual, warranty/maintenance book.

This checklist from What car may be useful but I think it is a bit out of date. But the principles about checking the paint, interior trim are all sound. I would check all doors and tailgate etc too. http://www.whatcar.com/images/subscription/newcarcollect.pdf

I definitely didn't get a V5 (it arrived today) but I did have an invoice.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Add Luggage net to the list of loose items to check that are supplied. (Again I am not certain that this is included in all models).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Kipper,If they put as much in as they did in mine you will be lucky to get to a filling station

The wife got a massive bunch of flowers though.
MickD.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi allthanks for advice ,keep it coming ,
im sure its really useful to all members collecting there cars ,
especially as it looks like orders are coming through thick and thin

might see a few more on the road

Grahame

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,I got £20 of diesel in mine on handover - but no flowers!

They very kindly paired my i-phone with the blue tooth touch screen (must have looked at me and thought they'd better sort it out for me!!). Better to get them to show you how to do it though as it then took us a while to get my wife and sons phones paired up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts