Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am concerned that many of the queries on this site could be answered by reading the handbook. I know from personal experience that sometimes the dealers do not pass the handbookto the customers on delivery as of course they should. If you have a problem or you are unsure as to how a certain function works, or can be accessed, please read your handbook first. If you do not have a handbook it is available on line athttp://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good call Alan, but as that BT Advert once said"its good to talk"

or it could be they can't be bothered reading their 341 page handbook or they may not understand it and would rather let somebody else's "fingers do the walking".

But I know what you mean.

Actually in saying that I learnt something this week on this Forum and it was George 2104 who mentioned it in one of the threads about "global closing". I can't for the life of me think where it was but after I'd translated his thread it would appear that if you lock your car and one of the windows is open if you hold the lock button on your fob the windows automatically close.

Now I've called myself to have read the handbook form front to back, and there is no mention of global closing anywhere. Now I never get out of my vehicles with the window open I always close them first, but here is the facility to do that. Thumbs up to Georgie Boy for that one.

So sometimes it pays to ask silly questions

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm genuinely a little baffled about why you are "concerned" Pilot? If somebody doesn't read their handbook (for whatever reason) and posts their question on here then what difference does it make? Somebody on the Forum will usually be happy to help.

Thank you for reminding us of the link to the online handbook though, it can be useful.

·
Registered
398 Posts
:) There are some hidden things in every car...important is to discover and share...The windows closing by holding the lock button on remote I had it at SEAT, so I have tried it at Peugeot as well...and surprise...is working...
Also the long press of lock when the car is already locked, trigger the flash of left-right signals for 10-15 seconds...more easy to find your car in a dark night in a parking lot...
Also there is a lot of pyjama models... :))))) (especially for who wash the car in pyjamas :))) )

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't making any comments about the delightful banter, which I enjoyimmensely,on this site or when people have problems or opinions about any facet of owning a 2008. I was merely saying that some are resorting to the site when the answer to their problems are nestling quietly in their glove box or wherever they hide their manual. Perhaps I belong to a generation that did not go to their computer as a first resort when problem solving .Anyway I'm off to put my pyjamas on and cosy up to the tele with a bottle of wine and contemplate the meaning of the universe and everything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i think your conclusion is correct Pilot, people (myself included) often turn to the Internet as a first resort not a last resort. And there is nothing wrong with that. People seek information in different ways, and for different reasons.

I think that everybody on this site is great (you're included in this). The advice offered on here is better than can be found in any handbook. I look forward to logging on and seeing lots of new posts to read (regardless of their subject matter).

Keep up the good work Pilot, your efforts are appreciated.

Enjoy the wine! x

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pilot,
I agree about reading manual but sometimes it's written in a way that would confuse a nerd working for NASA, sometimes you need advice in stupid speak lol, plus a bit banter never fails

·
Registered
2020 GT line manual orange
54 Posts
I also read my handbook back to front but the speed limiter still doing dnt work as per the book hence my question ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Unfortunately Jimmy I've joined you with that one. I've spent hours trying to work it out and the question was worth raising.

As we have said in parallel threads it don't work on our cars the way we think it should.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts