Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last it's happy 14 Day.

How many are collecting today (Me). Blackpool.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Have fun and enjoy.....it takes several days for the initial grin to leave your face....several weeks to stop looking at your reflection in shop windows......and a lot, lot longer to stop enjoying driving your new 2008.

It's a frosty but sunny morning here in middle England so I hope it stays that way where you are for your collection.

Al.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy 14 day today too!
I'm collecting at 11:30....woke up at 5:30, it's like I'm 8 years old again on Christmas day!

What's even better is it's a beautiful morning here in Warwickshire....frosty, sparkly, sunshiney....perfect for a picture of my sparkly new 2008!
Have fun everyone collecting today!

The only question remains....where to go for a drive!

·
Registered
217 Posts
booked in for 1030!!! and surprise surprise thick fog and generally miserable lol oh well you can't have everything.

congrats to all the other new owners, it's felt like an eternity knowing the car was at the showroom and having to wait but the day has finally arrived !!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
When I went to look at a 2008 on Wednesday a family had popped in to look around their new 14 plate car in the yard - the look on all their faces searching it out and the kids bouncing around gave me a chuckle!

I'll hopefully be posting in the 64 thread 6 months today (actually, might be on the 2nd as that's my birthday!), come on Peugeot, get the 1.2e-THP on the market!

Congratulations to all those picking up today whatever flavour your 2008 is!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm out Bob. You lucky people. I only have a build date for 14th March. Delivery probably April.Enjoy your new Puggies (Scottish version)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I'm just home after an afternoon of driving around the roads of Warwickshire in my sparkly new wheels and I just have one thing to say "I love it, I love it, I love it"!!

I have to say, the Dealership was fantastic, taking me through literally every button, screen, pocket, panel and window on the car, even taking the time to set up my bluetooth devices for me. The main thing that impresses me about the car over the first 60 miles is the poke it has in 5th gear. I've come from 8 years in 1.9 TDi Renault Megane/Laguna Sport Tourers and they certainly didn't have that poke in 5th. Up at 62MPG after a combination of dual carriageway, A rds and B roads, so we'll see how long that lasts!
Lots more impressions, but these were my biggies of the first day as a 2008 owner.

Another little drive may have to be taken this evening so I can appreciate the interior lighting!

Hope everyone else collected their wheels safely today and have had a good day! :)

Mental note to self "stop looking out of the window to check he's ok"!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
we dropped the kids off at a friends house so we could go get it un-distracted and the best part for me was their reaction picking them up again. strapped them in the car in there new booster seats (the're only 5 so that was a big deal to them as they were in the proper kiddy seats before) and then i asked them if they liked it, to which they both said yes " really? watch this!" and i opened the blind on the pano roof to which a synchronous girly "wooooaaaaaa" and giggles appeared.

major cool dad points lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all got my car saturday dealer didn't come with a service book as anybody else had same issue

Daz

allure 1.2 cumulus grey sat nag heated seats pan roof stainless steel door sills
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Daz

Got mine yesterday too - the service book was in the little blue pack with the handbook, it's a little booklet that says "Warranty and Maintenance record" on the front.
Mine was already stamped with the delivery check details in it, so have a chat with the dealer in case it's still knocking about in the garage.

Anna

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got mine - Just missing a tax disc - thought it was an offence not to display ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No, you car is taxed and the disc will arrive in a few days, the dealer should of given you a letter of explanation, the rules on failure to display have changed as they are closing down the local tax offices.Section 33 of the Vehicle excise and registration act has changed due to the finance bill of 2013 and now you are allowed 14 days from date of registration to not display the tax disc.

Hope that all made sense

·
Registered
217 Posts
as above, it's all recorded electronically any way so those who need to know will know. also from October this year the tax disc is be done away with anyway as there is no longer a requirement for them.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you are concerned whether your car is taxed you can check:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Mine came without a tax disc and I wasn't 100% certain of the new rules at the time. The problem with the new system is without a disc being issued you get no written confirmation that the correct car tax process has been followed, even though most of our 2008s (if not all) would be £0 in the first year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All the 1.6 (petrol engines) are £125 and I think the 1.6 petrol auto is £140 for the first year, just so theres no confusion.... the rest are free I believe (lucky peeps)

Edited by: jonesy

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jonesy said:
All the 1.6 (petrol engines) are £125 and I think the 1.6 petrol auto is £140 for the first year, just so theres no confusion.... the rest are free I believe (lucky peeps)

Ah sorry. Must be the penalty for all you petrol types polluting the planet.

However, those of us with clean enviro-friendly diesels only have to pay £0 road tax. ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Saw my first '14 plate 2008 on the road today - an e-HDi Allure in Brilliant white with an A' prefix numberplate (registered in East Anglia), spotted in Bedford near Tesco's on Cardington Road

Why can't Peugeot open the order book for the 1.2e-THP...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got a book of £50 referal vouchers with mine _ anybody wanting to buy in blackpool spend them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts