Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a definitive solution as to where beam deflectors should be fitted when travelling in Europe. We might not drive at night, but need to be prepared.

We will be travelling in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Luxembourg.

Many thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not to sure but most come with very clear instructions, just be aware in most European countries you need carry your own breathalyzer by law

·
Registered
90 Posts
People do get dazzled, follow the instructions on the pack, also get 2x
breathalyzer, 2 jackets and a
triangle. Also take some engine oil, screen polish / wipes.

We did the euro trip couple of times, France (Mont blanc, chamonix for a week), Italy, turin & Stelvios pass to Austria, Germany. the roads are fantastic in most places.

I made a mistake and put black tape covering a part of the Xenon lights on one of our cars, the lens now has very feint internal cracks where the tape was :(

Just curious, what are you looking at in Belgium and Czech ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did a trip this last summer, again did not plan on any night time, but fitted euroconvertors, to cover tunnels, rain storms etc, essential so as not to dazzle in these cases.
My trip was France, Andorra, and Northern Spain..

I followed the euro instructions, and also used the garage door to see the effect before doing the final fixing. Note look for the left hand upsweep to the light pattern, being the area that has to be shielded.

Enjoy your trip, and check each country for some odd differences in requirements about what to carry, Spain require two triangles, France also spare bulbs. Your countries may be different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all - I have now got the answer as the Eurolite Deflectors do now include the instructions for the 2008, but many thanks for all the responses.

I am collecting all of the necessary bits - if I hadn't already got them - to enable this trip to be legal.

Aro-rat - in Belgium we will be spending a couple of nights in both Ypres for the WW1 Memorials, Menin Gate and Brugge to see the city, canals, etc. in Czech Rep we will be staying 3 nights in Prague.

The first 3 nights in France will be at Albert in Picardy to visit the Somme Battlefields and Memorials, etc. it is not intended to be a battlefield tour, but as we will be there we want to visit them. A few years ago we visited the Normandy Landing Beaches - a very thought-provoking and humbling experience.

Last year we drove the Canadian Rockies from Vancouver through to Calgary and the year before the entire Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica - 3159 miles in 4.5 weeks including a side-trip to the Grand Canyon.
Evader

·
Registered
316 Posts
Brugge is beautiful was there over Xmas can't wait to return, enjoy

·
Registered
540 Posts
Evader said:
The first 3 nights in France will be at Albert in Picardy to visit the Somme Battlefields and Memorials, etc. it is not intended to be a battlefield tour, but as we will be there we want to visit them. A few years ago we visited the Normandy Landing Beaches - a very thought-provoking and humbling experience.
Superb, we've been to Normandy a few times now, staying at St Aubin Sur Mer on the edge of Juno beach - it's a humbling yet wonderful place, we visit the memorial to my Grandad's Mosquito squadron that landed D-Day +4. We will never ever get bored of Normandy. Need to plan a WW1 battlefields tour at some point too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Piccie of nearside with Eurlites fitted, Note Offside has the patch toward the centre of the car,

I hope this helps anyone

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was sooo helpful, thanks!!2 dealerships were rubbish & had only a vague idea! [:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts