Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I please ask owners what they think of the headroom ?The reviews say there is ample headroom.
I am only a short chap at 5'7" so should be OK
I have just taken a test drive.
I had previously read reviews which mentioned the arrangement of looking over the small steering wheel to see the clocks so I asked the dealer how to raise the seat & he/I pumped the seat up a bit.
I may have pumped the seat the full extent up, I don't know.
I could see the clocks fine but I didn't have that much space above my head.
I am hoping that if I go on to get a 2008 I could have the seat lower without obscuring the clocks.
My son is 5'10". He sat in the back.
After the test drive he said his head was much closer to the roof than he is used to in our present cars.
He also said he had to stoop down a little to look out the rear window.
We were in a Feline with the Panoramic glass roof - does this make the headroom less than in the versions without ?
I will go back & sit in the car again to check this out but would appreciate your opinions in the meantime. Many thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm 6'4" and tried both an Active and Allure, both without the sunroof - as is usual with most cars I have the drivers seat at its rearmost and lowest and the steering wheel as low as it goes and pulled closest to me, I could see the clocks fine and had sufficient headroom - my 5'3" wife could sit behind me with sufficient room.

As much as I'd love the glass roof (my wife's old A2 FSI Sport had it, as did her smart passion) I'd probably go without as they tend to rob headroom as the headlining comes in over your head)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm 6' and there's ample headroom.

The steering wheel is also adjustable for rake and reach as well as the seat up/down/back/forward so you should be able to get it just right.

I have the Panoramic Cielo sunroof fitted in my 2008.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
I'm 6'4" and tried both an Active and Allure, both without the sunroof - as is usual with most cars I have the drivers seat at its rearmost and lowest and the steering wheel as low as it goes and pulled closest to me, I could see the clocks fine and had sufficient headroom - my 5'3" wife could sit behind me with sufficient room.

As much as I'd love the glass roof (my wife's old A2 FSI Sport had it, as did her smart passion) I'd probably go without as they tend to rob headroom as the headlining comes in over your head)
Many reviewers appear to have said the same about the panoramic roof stealing headroom in the rear, but my son is 6 foot 2 and has no problem in the rear of my 2008.(he does have to drive his own clio with his head cranked to one side)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm 6' 7" and find I've got fantastic headroom in both front and rear of vehicle. As yet I haven't tried one with the pano roof.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My son is 6 foot 3 and had to lower the front passenger seat in order to sit up straight in the front (the frame of the panoramic roof takes some headroom).In the rear it is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts