Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our 2008 Allure EGC coming up a year. We still can't get used to the heater controls as we find them dangerous as one has to take eyes off the road for far too long to make any adjustments. Are we alone in this? - I don't see any other comments on here. Radio and phone are not far behind. I have to park to make a call safely. I miss rotary knobs, buttons and switches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No you are not alone regarding the heater controls, I have the Allure as well, I also find the roar of the windscreen demist
distracting, it's efficient but very noisy .. now demist by shutting the front vents and setting the blow onto top only.
Also agree about radio and phone, I always stop now if making any alterations to sat nav, radio etc as I have visions of driving into the the rear of another car, very distracting.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The heater controls are simple, set the temperature to a comfortable temperature (i find 21 about right for me) and leave alone, forever. That's why it's called climate control. If you ever need extra heat or cool (rare IMHO), just click the button up or down two clicks.

I agree with the comments about the radio and telephone. Actually I find anything that needs interaction with the touch screen difficult, including the sat nav. Unfortunately it's the consequence of progress. Phones used to have buttons you could feel so you could use them without looking (almost). The same was the case with car radios and the like. I have got quite good with mine now but the phone desperately needs a voice control, scrolling through hundreds of contacts in the phone book to make a call is tricky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am relieved to hear I am not on my own and surprsed no-one has raised the topic before . I am aware of the reason for the system being called Climate Contol burty but often adjustments need to be made in my experience, especially when the car is driven by more than one driver. I could not contemplate setting it and leaving it. Even turning the demister on and off is a distraction. Its a shame because it takes away from all the many positives of the car. Add that to the problem with phone and radio controls and its really a dangerous car to drive. The touch screen concept as included here is retrogressive rather than progressive in my opinion. We have ours on a 3 year contract and have to endure it another 2+ years but it can't go quick enough now.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Agree with burty, set and forget. I change the temperature twice a year in my car, demist of screen etc is just memorising where the button is.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What radio adjustments need to be made on the move? The radio can be completely controlled from the steering wheel anyway. Changing channel, adjusting volume. What more do you need.

As for media control then much of this can also be controlled from the wheel. I have something approaching 3000 tracks on my memory stick. I do think that the way that the media player works could be improved significantly but I do think of what we had before and imagine being able to select a track from 3000 from a set of CDs without taking your eyes off the road?

The sat nav could also be improved, but it is integrated and using it is no worse than an aftermarket sat nav which won't be integrated of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts