Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Can anyone please tell me how quick the heater warms up on the car with the 1.6e HDi 92 engine. I ask because I have had a few diesel cars in the past and it seems that the heater always takes ages to get hot on a cold day.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Diesel engines produce less heat waste due to the more efficient combustion process but the downside is they don't have the ability to heat the cabin very quickly - it is a downside to a diesel; you should really get some warmth within a few miles and up to full temp within 4-5 miles on a typical 5c start-up.

My A2 has a supplementary electric heater that comes on when OAT is 6c or less - it's toasty within a mile

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have the 115 1.6 Diesel and I have not noticed any significant difference in the time that it takes to warm up compare to any of the previous diesel Peugeots that I have had (I think five at the last count).

I did have a Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 JTDM diesel previously and that was the single worst car I have ever had in respect of the heater efficiency and time to get to temperature. (Fantastic engine though)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was under the impression most modern diesels have an electric heater for the initial warm up. Not sure if the 2008 does though?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I live up in the Welsh Mountains where it has been regularly below zero since I have had my 2008 (since Nov), it heats up sufficiently within a few miles so no complaints (unless you get stuck behind a tractor!). Also if you have heated seats they are toasty pretty quick! I only wish the chrome gear knob was heated, its blooming freezing in the morning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts