Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my 308 called Argent (because he was silver) to 2008 called Rufus ( because he is red-setter colour and I have 2 Irish setters!). They are why I changed from a 308 to a 2008 because thetailgate is lower for them. Rufus is the Amber Feline version, 1.6 diesel. I only collected him this week and have driven around 200 miles, no problems! Has anyone experienced any glitches with a 2008?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome, give the forum a good read you find lots "niggle" and ways to solve them

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome, glad you like your car, I love mine

I had to laugh at your question.... you may regret asking!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There are no glitches with the 2008 just features ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you think that Pilot will agree with you Burty?!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello & welcome
Hope you have many miles with no problems. Had mine for over a month and all is well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi to Kate in Nottinghamshire -I still know Nottingham fairly well. I went to university there and later worked in the city for 5 years. I learnt to ice skate there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm feeling left out as my car isn't Amber Red! You could all form your own little club

I must admit that you will probably know Nottingham far better than I do Beryl, I live quite a way from the city.

Didn't Torvill and Dean learn to ice skate in Nottingham too?! I'm impressed though, I'm afraid that I still need one of those penguin things whenever we go (I pretend I'm just looking after it for the children)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry, I should have said Tanya
Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Kate yes Torvill and Dean did train in Nottingham. I had a few lessons from their original trainer many years ago. Later I had lessons from someone else when I returned to work in Nottingham. I like Nottingham as a city, it is not too big. The only draw back that I see it has is that it is a long way from the sea. I was brought up near the coast and now live about 9 miles from the coast.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Tanya

And welcome to the club. Hope you are still enjoying the car and a great colour and two great dogs. Red Setters have to be one of my favourite doggy's any pictures of them will be fantastic, forget the car.

At least we aren't going to be inundated with handbag, shopping and women's things Kate/ Marie are we.

Its good to have you with us, your comments and charm are most welcome, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of name dropping, (Torvill & Deans Trainer)

I wouldn't say that living in the Wirral is close to the sea, more like the fall out and soup from Wylfa & Heysham Nuclear Power Stations that's why the cockles grow so big and the sea is so far out in Southport, they use it to cool the reactors.

I often wonder, do the police still knock on your door when you pay your council tax up there, wanting to know where you got your money from.

Welcome enjoy the car and enjoy the Forum they're a great bunch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mike, the dogs certainly think they live by the sea, when the tide is 'in'. In my childhood in the south west, the sea was the same, mostly 'out' but occasionally 'in'. I don't know about the size of cockles but there are certainly huge jellyfish sometimes left on the beach.
When I moved here, my southern parents were very surprised to find how friendly people are here. My father had had a somewhat jaundiced view of Liverpuddlians until that time because of two whom he had met through work.

I am having one small but niggling issue with Rufus, my 2008 and that is the button for zeroing my mileage runs for work -it is also a fault finding device. At first the miles would not zero but then it behaved for about 5 days and now when I press it, it is back to just fault finding. Have you experienced this? Tanya

·
Registered
242 Posts
You need to keep the button on the stalk pressed in for a few seconds on the trip computer screens until it changes and the same on the dash zero

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome Beryl, I am originally from the Wirral and my last car was a 308 as well! (1.6 e-hdi in Féline trim) It's a small world!As I live in the south of France both cars were ordered in Bianca White, a colour that naturally reflects heat which results in less reliance on the Climate Control.
We'll be on the Wirral at the end of October but not in the 2008 as it's cheaper to fly and hire a car.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do (and I've only had it 6 weeks).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marinaman, hello. What a coincidence that you lived on the Wirral. I agree with what you say about flying and hiring. SOme years ago before the style changed, I had 2 304s but when the style changed to the 306, the boot was too small for my dogs. I am enjoying driving 'Rufus'. He went back to the garage for one day for a paintwork touch up which they had missed and they loaned me a new 308 -I was not keen on the new 'handbrake' which means you have to touch the footbrake before the handbrake releases -it was a bit tricky on a hill start. I chose the 2008 because it is a little lower for my dogs to jump in the boot. Have you lived in France for many years? The only part of France I really know is Brittany where I stayed with a family many summers ago. I also visited Biarritz and north west Spain one summer, for a surfing based holiday. While we had a reasonably sunny week last week, we are back to grey days and showers this week. The Wirral took part in the 'heritage days' the last 2 weekends. Last weekend some sheep were driven through the village much to the disgust of a lorry driver who was prevented from driving through for about 10 minutes. I also visited some houses in Port Sunlight which were open for the weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts