Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just introducing myself. I have just ordered a Feline mistral 1.6 e-HDi in nera black.(will post something the order forum). I'm no stranger to Peugeots, as we have had 9 different Peugeot cars in the last 25 years, we currently have an 807 and a 207 hdi GT which is quite simply the best car I have ever had.

Nice forum btw.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi burty and welcome to the club.

Al.

PS: Nice choice, any idea on delivery or just the vague 'September-ish' ?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al.

I was told July build date, with potential for delivery last week of July or first week of August.

Much that I would like it for August, as this is potentially 3 weeks before the new registration I have asked to have it on a 63 plate with delivery first week of September (assuming it is actually available then of course).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought as we're into introductions, then I would add some background to myself.

I previously posted that Mrs Burty and I have had 9 Peugeots since the mid 80's, actually I think it's 8. If I recall correctly the full list is:

309 GRD 1.9
309 XSi 1.6
205 DTurbo
405 GTX Estate
405 SRDT Estate,
807 2.0 HDi GLX (which we still have)
206 GTi
207 HDi GT (soon to be leaving)

We did have a brief trial with something else as I bought a Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 JTDM before getting the 207. The Fiat had a fantastic engine, but the chassis and detail of the driving experience was awful. The stereo was easily the best of any standard stereo I've ever had though.

Here is a photo of my 207, which is quite simply the best car I've had, handles beautifully, drives very nicely and is a pretty cracking looking car. The only downside is is could handle a little more power. I will actually be a little sad to see it go.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Crikey, you've had a lot of Peugeot's.

We've only had three.

A 205 (which my wife loved).

A 105 (for my son's student days so that he could easily get back to us for a fresh cheque!!).

A 206 GLX Auto which my wife loves and which I spend time cleaning and waxing!

You may regret seeing the 207 HDi GT going.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, indeed. Our first Peugeot was the 309 GRD, we were commuting 75 miles a day at the time in an old Vauxhall Astra and using a lot of fuel, so we decided to go diesel, and at the time the Peugeot diesels were amongst the best. The 309 served us well for quite a few years until we needed something bigger. All the diesel Peugeots we have had have all been faultless from an engine point of view (other than dpf issues). With the exception of the GTi, all of the petrol powered cars we've had we've swapped out for diesels following issues of one sort or another.

I will miss the 207, actually I would rather lose the 807 but this is my wife's car and she loves it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts