Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.

I took possession of my car last Friday. Coming from 4 Toyotas over the past 20 years (last vehicle was a 2lt Auris diesel) I must admit that the 2008 was overall a pleasant surprise.

The functionality is impressive even though I will probably be discussing a few of the features with you guys in the near future.

One thing I really miss in the Toyotas is cabin storage. The 2008 has what I like to refer as Barbie storage nooks. I can't find one place big enough to store the windscreen phone mount for my Galaxy S4 and vehicle related documents have been relegated to the passenger side door that than to the glove compartment. The center console of my Auris had a large bottom part that was wide enough and deep enough to store considerable stuff and a top part that could hold keys and spare change. This will be missed.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ah; sunny Malta and a new car. What more could you want.

Welcome to the club.

Have fun.

Al.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Alan ad hello from another new forum member!

I completely agree about the cabin storage, it really is a bit of a let down. There isn't really a space for a standard 500ml drinks bottle - the cup holders are only really fit for 300ml cans, and the doors aren't shaped to hold bottles without them falling over. The glovebox is tiny!

Peugeot could definitely have done better in this regard!

Richard

·
Registered
540 Posts
The glovebox is an issue across lots of PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) cars as the fuse box which is to the left of the steering wheel on left hand drive cars ends up taking half the glovebox space on right hand drive cars - look at a LHD 2008 and the glovebox will be voluminous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts