Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just to say hello. I have joined your forum today having now ordered my 2008. I have been waiting a long time for the EAT6 automatic box to be added to the 2008 and have taken a bit of a gamble by buying one without test driving an EAT6 version, though I was very impressed by the 110bhp 1.2 petrol engine in manual form and all the reports of the equivalent combination in the DS3 have been glowing. I now just have to wait for delivery, which is the worst bit and I believe will be quite a while.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you won't be waiting long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
do we know how long we should expect to wait for a new build? so far we have waited about 5 to 6 weeks for ours, if anyone knows this will be great, just can't wait,
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts. Dan, I was told a vague estimated delivery date of late February/early March for mine. I wonder whether having the EAT6 gearbox may slow delivery of mine ......and then there is the probable factory close down for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You are going to love that EAT6 auto.

Have a read of my NEW308 thread:
New 308 (I mention it a few times
)

Al.

<t></t>
<table align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" ="tableborder"=""><t><tr ="oddtablerow"=""><td align="center"><div ="topicicon"="">
</td><td>
</td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Allan. I've had a look at the thread and see all the comments which reinforce the reviews I've read in the press, but it is always good to have the views of owners who live with the gearbox day in and day out. My existing car is a DS4 2.0Hdi with a 6 speed automatic transmission, which is very good, but no longer meets my need, following early retirement and a move upcountry from Cornwall. The DS4 gearbox is not an EAT6, but I believe it is made by the same company and is super, so I have high hopes for the EAT6: hopes that you confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts