Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
This is probably going to be a slightly different route to others. Current car is an RCZ, driven 5k miles in over a year. Found it much easier to take my wife's 207 Outdoor. So with having to sort out a car for my son we made the choice to trade in the RCZ for a 2008, Feline, Pearl White. We had some luck of going to a dealer preview day just as I was talking to them and it only turned out to be the model and colour we were looking at on the Web!
My wife will change her car for a smaller one which my son will drive and my son will stop complaining about my RCZ that has not moved for quite a while.
I am told the dealer has a scheduled build and car should be with us early August. Meanwhile looking at this Forum and the 208 one for info etc.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome.It will be interesting to hear how the 2008 compares to your other Peugeot.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi and welcome along!<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

I've always quite liked the look of the RCZ, did you not like yours?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rcz was good but practical issues like a dog came along so the Rcz was the one that stayed at home. Definitely cannot pay for three cars with needing to get my son up and running before winter so here we are. Didn't have the sat nav in my Rcz either so for work it also started to take a back seat, hence used twice in the last six months. I therefore know where a well looked after very low mileage one will be for sale in August.
Looking forward to the 2008 though, certainly seems that the quality has been lifted even further.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the 2008 yesterday in the rain
. First impressions excellent, is very quiet and drives like a car that is much larger.
It is a Pearl White Feline Calima. The only extras were the mud flaps. I toyed with the idea of waiting till 1st Sept but the extra I got on my RCZ would have decreased and to be truthful, couldn't wait.

Everything is as per the manual except the Sat Nav screen. It's very good but half of the things you need to do are not in the manual and you have to find out by playing. Well that was my excuse for sitting in the car for two hours while it was raining.
things like saving your contacts to the car memory so that you can tell the sat Nav to navigate to them are fun to work out. Not in the manual, not on the net, but it can be done.

For those wondering about the music integration I plugged in my iPod Classic with 35 gig of music. Then turned on the unit. A slight delay and it is all there. Play Lists, Art Work, all of it comes up and works so totally chuffed.If you change track and are looking at the Nav screen it even integrates with the display between the speedo and tachometer and tells you what is playing.

That little screen between the instruments is not explained well in the manual at all and is a real bonus. You can see what road you are driving on at any time and if someone else is playing with the music and you are in Navigation mode it comes up in front of you when and where to turn.
My eighteen year old was surprised last night at the level of integration in the car.

Overall well chuffed. Today I am washing of yesterday's truck dirt and treating all the bits that can corrode so that they stay looking new. Sad yep but pays for itself when I trade them in.

So to Peugeot for the 2008.

Mac.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts